Saturday, August 14, 2010

Etsy...And Other Progess!

      In July of last year, 2009, I made the front page of ETSY , and I was just ecstatic!! It was my PEACH RETRO BUBBLES BUTTON FLOWER NECKLACE.
 I even wrote a poem about it.

"Etsy's Big Front Page!

Lance Armstrong in the Peloton!
But that's not my good day's gauge.
My handmade button necklace
just made Etsy's big front page!

The year 2009,
I'm almost 50 years of age;
On July the 17th,
I just made Etsy's big front page!

My little Wuglyees shop
that barely even pays a wage
just got its first real touch of famous
making Etsy's big front page!" 

     The poem wasn't very good, but I didn't care! I was so excited!...Well, guess what?! It just happened again at 3 a.m., August 13th!!!
     This time it was my MIXED COLOR SILVER BUTTON FLOWER BROOCH!
    Frankly, these two are not even close to being favorites of mine! LOL Obviously I don't know what's "Hip"! Do people even use the word "Hip" anymore?!...Well, anyway, I'm very thankful that my shop was able to get a little more exposure. But that meant YOU had to be 'exposed' to it too...unfortunately for you! Ha! Ha!
MOVING ON! >>>
     There's been some other progress going on too. I finished the "Plain Jane" scarf I was working on. And guess what...again?! I Now Like It!!!!

     I really couldn't see, while I was working on this one, it's true personality. (YES, I talk about my projects as if they're "real" babies. You got something to say about that?! LOL)
    Then, some of the color starting to come into it's "face", sort of like when a baby is first born. Then I spanked it on it's bottom and it starting to scream!!! :-]
     Then I dressed it in a little fringe outfit...
   ...and it looks adorable! "Coochi coochi coo" little one. Mommy loves you...NOW! :-) It's the dawn of a new life for you! Now if only I can get somebody else to take it home!! (By the way, my friend says I should call this scarf "Cafe Au Lait". What do you think?!)

This poem was written for my friend many years ago. It's not about yarn, or a new baby, but I hope you like it.)

At Dawn

I just wanted you to know-Dear Dawn,
that you were named well, my friend;
Because you never give up the fight,
whether its from without, or from within.

Nothing ever keeps you down (that I`ve seen!)
With each new morning you just stretch and yawn;
You jump out of bed, and begin again,
(Like that darkness that's soon gone, at dawn.)

At dawn-is when you begin as mom;
At dawn-is when you begin as wife;
At dawn-is when you begin as friend,
as daughter, as student-"at" life!

So, if you didn`t do it exactly right today,
and your thoughts have fallen darker, with the night,
don`t worry too much, because as your name implies-
you`ll get another chance, at first light!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I don't care what hip is. I know what I like and I like a LOT of your work. :D

    By the way, your new baby is precious and I love "Dawn"-very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, *Teehee*...I'm finding that I can always count on you to make me smile about my silliness! :-) Thank you for that!...and for the nice words about the poem I wrote for girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats my friend!! Great job! LOVE the new scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the front page!!! It's exciting isn't it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CinLynn, Thanks! I like it too NOW! :-)


    Hapa Girls, It "IS" exciting!! If it meant money in my pocket it would be exciting AND "jump-for-joy-ish"!!!...For now I'll settle for "Exciting!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay front page! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making it to the front page!! Do they send you a notification when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  8. SpanishLullabies, Etsy doesn't send one, but I signed up on Statsy and they send you notifications every time you do. Exciting, huh?! :-]

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^