Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Still Seeing Flowers Everywhere, But.....!


     Spring has brought all kinds of lovely things to the neighborhood...hummingbirds, rain...Grrrr!...pollen....Grrrr, Grrrrr!...and flowers. The flowers and hummingbirds can stay, but the rest.....UGH! I know it has a purpose in the big scheme of things, but in the little scheme of things...meaning 'MY BODY'!...it's not so great! 
     I've been having a rough time with allergies, aches and pains, and distraction. I haven't crocheted anything in about two weeks, except the two custom ordered boutonnieres and a free brooch I made to send with it!! O_O
     I'm still attracted to flowers everywhere, but I'm not in the mood to 'make' any!!...Does the 'Spring Bug' bite any of you and 'get you off your game' too around this time of year?!...whenever Spring happens in your part of the world?!...I'm hoping I'll get back to my 'busy-minded' and 'flying-fingers' self soon!...But in the meantime I'll just look at other people's flowers...and share them with you! :-) ...




      Maybe all of these pretty flowers will inspire me to pick up my crochet hook! :-)

     I have to admit though, that maybe Spring isn't the full culprit. A dear friend of ours died a few days ago and we've been kinda down about it. It seems kinda trivial to be just gardening and crocheting away when the family is in such pain.
     I'm not gonna spiral into negativity though, because we do look forward to seeing him again soon. Our faith holds us steady in that fact! It's just hard to know that his laugh and words of wisdom have gone silent for a while...especially because the family counted on it so much as a regular feature of their lives. :-( 
      To end this post on a positive note though, there's gonna be plenty of time in the near future to 'stop and smell the flowers'! :-) And flowers are always worth taking time to smell...or create...or crochet! :-) ... Yep! That'll do it!! I'm off to grease up my crochet hook right now!! ^_^ Have a good day, Everybody! :-]

All My Plans Unfurled

With all my plans unfurled today,
and nothing urgent pressing me,
I might crochet another scarf
or have a steeping cup of tea.

I might watch an old movie,
or take a nap, just for a minute.
Or I might take out a book to read,
or jot a few nice words down in it.

When you don't have any children,
and no job to do from home.
You can stay in your pajamas,
and have hair you don't have to comb.

Yes, with all my plans unfurled,
there could be lots that I could do.
It's always true...I could be busy,
but kinda nice I don't 'have to'!

2 comments:

  1. Deb...you are awesome!! Always seeing the positive when there isn't much to be positive about. I'm sorry for your loss, but yes, our faith gives us so much hope...knowing it's temporary!!
    Hang in there my friend!!!
    Here's a smile to perk you up...I hope!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy, but finding something positive isn't the hard thing. There's always something positive!...Having the courage to focus on 'that', the positive, instead of on the negative, is what sometimes takes some doing! I work at doing that...WORK!!!....HARD!!! :-] And thanks to good friends...above and on earth below...I usually find my way to the positive. :-] Your smile helped me get there too! Thanks friend. ♥ Have a good rest of the day.

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^