Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday "Message In A Bottle"...To Snow Storms...


      I woke up this morning cuddled up next to my 'baby'...the six-foot 'baby'! A very nice development, although not planned.  His job called last night and said he didn't have to go to work today because the shop where he works and loads his truck for his route doesn't have any power...The storm is wreaking havoc in a lot of cities around here. A lot of them are completely without power...and will be for a few days at least. 
      So we're laying here looking at the movie "Message In A Bottle" with Kevin Costner and Paul Newman and Robin Wright.
            It just happened to be on when I turned on the T.V. this morning to get the latest weather report. :-) A nice movie to watch when you have a day off with your honey and it's looking like this outside!...
  (Holyoke, Massachusetts)

 (Quabbin)

 (Osborne Road, Ware)

 (Springfield)

 (Route 202 in Holyoke)
        All of these photos came from the WWLP 22News website. They say that hundreds of crews are out working on getting people's power back on and clearly roads and power lines...A good reason to stay inside and watch a romantic movie, don't you think?! ^_^
       If I were to put a message in a bottle to send to 'Snow' it would say: "I don't like you!! Well...not this early in the season anyway.  Next time you decide to fall this heavy and wet and wide-spread...give a girl a warning, will ya!!" LOL
     As soon as the movie ends, and we have some breakfast, and do a little studying together, I'm sending him out into the cold to get me a cup of coffee! ^_^....
         (FingerFoodDelight)
       I haven't had my first cup this week yet......Yes, I know it's only Monday. What are you trying to imply?! ^_^
      That's all I got today people! :-) Have a good day!...And if it can't be good...let it be careful! {My grandmother's sayings are flying out of my mouth faster than the speed of light!! Ha! Ha!}...Today's poem is not because of the truth of it, but because it's nice to smile in the face of a usual Monday by having an unusually nice Monday! ^_^ 
        By the way, don't forget the Giveaway! The drawing is tomorrow!!! :-)

Monday, Monday, Monday

Here comes another Monday!
Your frantic work week has begun!
Say goodbye to 'Take It Easy',
and all those things you haven't done.

Four more week days are ahead,
seeming like they'll never end.
But just think, before you know it,
"weekend" will be round again.

Lift your attention, all you mothers;
Week day workers, "Out The Door!"
Time to file, and diaper babies,
walk and scrape things off the floor.

Here comes another Monday!
Whether you want it to, or not!
Say goodbye to 'Take It Easy'.
You've got things to do...a lot!

Monday, Monday, Monday!
Why do you have to come so fast?!
And you stay so long! Why can't
the weekend 'Take It Easy' last?! 

12 comments:

  1. I've never seen that movie, believe it or not! I keep forgetting about it. I'm glad you and hubby have cuddle time! That really sounds like fun!
    Enjoy your day together, get your coffee and stay warm! I'm so glad you have power!
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CinLynn, I could tell you about the movie, but that would take away from it. Just let me say...keep your tissues near and don't drink stuff too fast because the laughing spots will make you spit stuff out your nose! ^_^ It's very romantic mostly though. You and your hubby would enjoy watching it together too...Okay...off to eat, study...and get me some coffee!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness...I have been meaning to check in to see how you are...YOU GUYS GOT HIT BADLY!!! It's amazing that I who only lives across the lake from you has 11 degrees and sunshine...
    I am shocked at the amount of snow you have received!
    HOPE you and your family are keeping warm...sounds like the movies are passing the hours by...
    TAKE care
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Blog Artists, Yes we did get 'walloped' Char!! But we're taking it in stride...T.V., napping, eating, playing games, reading, crocheting, napping....Oh! Did I say that already! *Teehee* Thanks for stopping by and sharing some concern for us. We're okay though...as long as we stay off the roads for a while! ^_^ Have a good rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you fared well throught the storm. Sounds like a wonderful day snuggling with the hubby and watching movies. I guess you had to pull out your winter coats, hats, gloves, scarves and boots early. Hopefully, the sun will shine tomorrow and melt that early snow away. Love your poem! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, Hi! Thank you for the nice comment and the complement about the poem too. And Yes, we fared very good because we couldn't do much! ^_^ And when hubby went out to the store he found that our town was full of traffic and long lines! Apparently the two surrounding towns are power-less! So our town became the 'Go To' place..Hopefully tomorrow will be better and power will be restored to everybody...Thanks for your concern. And have a good day yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wrote a little blurb about the storm too. Hope you don't mind but I sent my readers here to see more pictures of the snow. Mine were just from around our house.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jansjems, Ha! Ha! How funny! I just went and left you a comment on your blog and then I check mine and see you've commented over here too! ^_^ And I' happy to be linked...Those was some rough photos from around your house too! WOW!! Stay hunkered down and safe! I'll be keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that movie. I cannot believe you had that much snow! Have a fun day off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, ^_^ It's a good one for shut-ins!...And you have a good day too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you got to spend some extra time with hubby. OMGosh I never realised that snow could be so destructive. I guess that's what happens when you live somewhere that never gets that white stuff! You don't see the damage that it can cause.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo-anne, Oh yes, Jo! s a matter of fact, there's different kinds of snow. The powdery light kind is great...until the snow-plows throw road salt all over it for traction. Then it gets all dirty and the salt corrodes the paint on your cars! LOL But this snow was heavy! Heavy and wet. The kind that weighs everything down when it sits on it, and gives people heart attacks when they try to shovel it too fast!...Skiiers like the powdery kind. People who make snowmen like the heavy wet kind. I'm not fond of much of any of it at all! :-]

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^