Friday, May 11, 2012

YAY!! We Figured It Out!


         I love a 'statement piece' that truly makes a statement. And when I agree with the statement....even better! So, what is the statement this piece...owl necklace...is making?! "It's time to get up!"
         Considering the wordy going on I've been doing the last few days about not being able to sleep, you'll probably be surprised to know that I slept like a newborn baby yesterday!......ALL DAY, in fact!...How did I pull that off, you're wondering?!...We figured out the culprit responsible for my lack of sleep...my C-Pap machine.
         Apparently it was due for a complete DE-germifying. We do the weekly and daily cleaning of it, but it was at the point where all parts of it, including the hoses, had to be completely soaked in soap and water for 20 minutes, soaked in vinegar for another 20 minutes, and then rinsed several times, to kill all of the bacteria and everything..and then it had to dry!
         It was 'A JOB'!! But a job well worth the effort because after it was all dry I got to test it out! ^_^ Oh! I was so exhausted y'all! I was at the point, from almost three days in a row of hardly any sleep, where my heart was fluttering ridiculously, I had a headache, I was getting sharp stabbing pains in my joints and I couldn't remember the right words when I was talking..One time I actually asked hubby to get me some juice from the microwave! LOL....Uh, let's not confuse appliances with gadgetry girl! ^_^ That would be like confusing my bed with an iPads! ^_^ ...Although they both can have pretty covers sometimes! ^_^ ...

       ...just saying! LOL

        Speaking of pretty bedding.....it's that stream of consciousness thing again!...look at the pretty pillows I saw on Etsy yesterday!...


    They were the kind of apparatuses I was thankful to be able to appreciate, now that I know what "asleep" looks like from behind my eyelids! LOL If I still hadn't gotten any sleep, they would've been just symbols of aggravation for me!...But No!
       I even could appreciate these...


        Listen...I know that in the scheme of things...like the two little Tennessee girls being found alive...YAY!...my getting some sleep is not that important! But just the same, I'm thankful!.....and this morning...I'm awake! :-) Now I can get some things done...like my Friday visit with my 'Tiggerific' girlfriend, and then putting some buttons on some things I crocheted before this whole 'No Sleep' thing started.
         Speaking of buttons.....

     
     ....I wouldn't mind having a few of these this morning too! ^_^ Okay....I'm off! I'm so awake that I might even engage in some poetry writing! :-) Have a good day, Everybody! :-)

  Poetry

Poetry, the gift of words,
that help you say whats in your heart;
that puts your thoughts of life together,
but pulls emotions all apart.

Poetry, your quiet friend,
that gives your voice a place to land;
that gives the things you'd  never say
a way to jump out from your hand.

Poetry, done to a beat,
a beat of words, said right in time,
without confusion of the music,
but just the rhythm and the rhyme.

Poetry, phrase harmony;
the way a noun and adverb meet;
the way they line up side-by-side,
and all Not needed they delete.

Poetry, the passing thoughts,
and all the others I hold dear,
of all the people and the places
that I've  written down right here.

Poetry, the gift of words,
and putting them together too;
Without the pen and paper
what in the world would my mind do? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you've managed to get a good sleep. I bet you're so happy that it was something simple that enabled you to sleep.
    Gosh those buttons look amazing. I wouldn't mind having a few of those either :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I figured it out too, Jo! ^_^ Between the extra cleaning of the C-Pap machine from now on, and keeping myself in a bubble with all of the pollen allergies though....it's NOT as simple as I'd like! LOL

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^