Thursday, May 17, 2012

Come On By And Feel My Smile! :-)


        After three or four days of wet outside, and aching to my insides, the rain finally left us last night. YAY!...And just like the colorful skirt, walking away, on the lady in the header photo, our rain walked away from us in a colorful way too last night. It left us a colorful show...a lightening show in the skies. And it was loud too!!...Thank you!....and Bye! Bye!...Can you feel my smile?! ^_^
         Moving on!...I wanna show you what I've been doing with my rainy day time! :-) I've been exercising my achy 'digits' (fingers), using my tiny needles too!...


      This little 'baby' is about an inch across...I made it because of inspiration from a request I got from a customer the other day, to make him three tiny lapel pins. He wanted them about 1/8 of an inch across...But an inch was as good as I could do without ending up with a flimsy ball of misshaped thread! LOL 
      I'm not sure he's gonna want them. He says he'll get back to me. But the link he shared with me to show me what he meant got all of my creative juices flowing about lapel pins again! So...I'll be making more of them in the upcoming days...but with more color than this black one! :-]


      Right now I'm all about crochet rings! :-)


      And thankfully my rings are a little bit...JUST a little bit!...larger than the lapel pins. 



      I am having soooooo much fun with the ring-making!! :-)


        The open filigree work on the ring base is making it very easy to sew my crochet flowers to them too...I was worried about that before I got them.

        This is the one I finished last night....during the lightening show...



      I saw an article that said orange and purple were the colors to have this year...


      Stay tuned for the purple one!! :-))


         But rings isn't ALL I've been making!...I'm still working on my 'Tie-Dye' jewelry. I finished this necklace yesterday too...



     Instead of a gun metal chain or a leather cord, I decided to go with an organza and ribbon necklace on this one...


       And the button, although you probably can't tell from my picture-taking! ^_^, looks sorta like a small artist's palette.



         Oh! The colors are making me so happy! :-)


      Lastly today, I wanna give a 'high five' to the country music group Lady Antebellum. They did a concert last night to help raise money for a town that was devastated by tornadoes. I think the news said they raised something like $200,000!!! :-) I think that's great! That's why people run to 'them' nowadays!!! :-)
    


     Have a good day, Everybody!! :-)

Build

You can build a reputation,
build a fire, build a stair;
You can build a neighborhood,
build a table, build-A-Bear!

You can build a layered cake,
build some buildings, build a boat;
You can build a website business,
build relationships remote.

You can build vocabulary,
build up friendships old and new.
Build up globular relations
if you really wanted to.

You can build upon your knowledge,
build a table, bridge, or train;
build a step into the future,
or just shelter from the rain.

You can build an awesome snowman,
and not waste him. Make a cone!
Or can build up folks around you,
so they never feel alone.

All this building talk,
shows the things that you can make
if you build a wordy poem...
and you also stay awake!

8 comments:

  1. Those rings are really cute! And I love the idea of the small lapel flowers. Must be hard to make though.
    I also love Lady Antebellum! They are sooooo good! Wish I had seen that concert. I watched American Idol instead.
    I'm happy the rain stopped for you. It's beautiful here today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to get my annuals planted tomorrow!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thanks Cindy! :-] I hope I can price them to sell, without hurting my own feelings! LOL The time that it takes for each ring and tiny lapel pin is well worth more than I know anyone will pay, so I'm trying to price them to sell but, at the same time, not price them so that people will think they're cheap quality! It's an on-going process...Enjoy the beautiful weather my friend. Plant pretty flowers! ^_^

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful day! You're right, after all those rainy days the sun is back ans I smile, too.
    Cute rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was, Priscila! :-] Extra smile-inducing!...And thanks about the rings too!

      Delete
  3. Deb, great rings and lapel pins. Glad to hear that the rain has finally gone away over your way. Nice poem. Hope you had a great day. Vel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vel!...Yes, we were rain-free yesterday. And it was just beautiful!! I think today is suppose to be another beauty. :-) Thanks for the nice words about the poem and my latest crochet creations. I'll be back at the making today too...rain or shine! ^_^ YOU have a good day too!

      Delete
  4. That lapel pin is so tiny & so cute. I don't know how you can make something so small. I don't think I would be able to do that. I like big chunky things that are easier to hold :D Those teeny, tiny crochet hooks scare me a little :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right about them being tiny! What I'm finding out is that men are starting to want just a tiny pop of color on their lapels. Not like a big flower. Just a spot of interest...The tiny hook is not that hard to maneuver. It's just time consuming, because you have to make sure the hook isn't separating your thread...or that you're missing a stitch. My sight is more the problem!! ^_^ The small things though, like the crochet rings, make the prettiest little flowers!...But of course, what else would you expect ME to say, right?! LOL

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^