Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hail......Noooooo!!!


      I'll start this post by telling you that all of the photos you'll be seeing can be found on WWLP (dot) com's website HERE. They're the photos taken by people all over western Massachusetts after the severe thunderstorm that came through over the weekend.
        I have to admit that when they said we were going to get a short thunderstorm in the late afternoon...I didn't even give it much thought. But all of a sudden Sunday afternoon it got dark...Really dark! And then it started pouring rain! And then...
 





     ...HAIL!!! O_O
 


      The balls of ice started pelting our windows so hard that we thought somebody was throwing something at the windows!...We hadn't heard anything about hail! O_O Funny how the weather people left that 'little' detail out!!...We thought it was just gonna be a familiar thunderstorm. You know...with rain, darkness, and a few lightening strikes! But nooooooooo!









     I was thankful that my hummingbirds were apparently alerted, because I sure didn't want to be subjected to seeing my little 'babies' flitting back and forth, dodging ice pellets!! O_O That would've been terrible!!...We've had quite enough 'near-misses' this week!!
     If you look at all of the photos above it seems as if we were captured in our homes with this storm! But the truth is...it went by sooooooo quick! In fact, hubby tried to get outside to the hailstones right after the storm, so that I could get some photos of them up close for the blog...but they had melted by the time he got to them!! :-) It was still very warm outside.
    About an hour or two after the storm the only semblance that we had even had a thunderstorm was these photos!...Good Job, quick picture takers!! :-) ... My hummingbirds have been back to business as usual ever since then! They're keeping hubby busier than usual making nectar for them. He has to change the feeder twice a week...at least!
      Okay...no more hail photos for at least a year! ^_^ I'm sticking to flowers and other goodies...See you with some of that tomorrow maybe! Right now my stomach is singing to me again! :-) Have a good day, Everybody!

Hungry Stomach

My empty stomach's grumbling
was as noisy as could be!
So demanding in it's urging,
and it's "Hungry" symphony.

I awakened to it's music,
and the fluttering that it caused.
I tried to just ignore it,
with its twist and turning gnaws!

Like a 'stick-in-hand' conductor,
setting music to a riot,
I'll direct some food into it,
so that it will just be QUIET!

4 comments:

  1. That is so crazy! For the past few summers, we've been getting hit hard with those quick "mini tornado-like" storms. I remember being in a car during a hailstorm - scared wasn't the word lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy!! There was sun...and then....HAIL!!! O_O The good thing was that it was so quick that we didn't have time, or sense enough, to get scared though! ^_^

      Delete
    2. Yeah that's how it starts - all sunny and innocent, then the sky turns dark green and black. The rumbles come and BOOM - hail comes outta nowhere! And all that lasts 5 to 15 minutes which makes it even weirder lol.

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^