Monday, August 12, 2013

It's 'News-All-Over-The-Place' Monday!


     I'm awake! I'm awake!!...No, really, I am!! :-] And considering the weekend I've had, my being awake this morning is...


      ...REALLY good news indeed! :-) Especially since, with the state of the real news being 'all-over-the-place' the last few days, I'd just as soon go back to bed!...ALL DAY!! O_O 
     The news over the weekend was full of things like little girls being kidnapped!...a whole hotel collapsing into a sinkhole, with people having to rush to get out!...and heavy rains with deadly flash floods!...*sigh*
      But on the good news front...gas prices are going down! YAY!!!...and  we're only a couple of weeks away from the time for kids here in the U.S. to go back to school!! :-) And yes, that is good news...to tired, overworked, 'crazy-out-of-their-vacationing-summer-minds'....YEAH, RIGHT!...moms!! LOL 
      Speaking of which, here's a couple of back to school ideas...




       ...Okay!...I slipped the crochet boutonnieres in there. ^_^ But hey!...boutonnieres can be good back-to-school gifts! You can add them to a backpack strap, headband, shoe, etc...I can even put a brooch pin or button on the back of them if you prefer! :-) I'm flexible like that!! LOL
       In other news...for adults...how about these ideas...




       You can use these for backyard mommy-get-togethers, now that the kids will be back in school! :-) ... or as side-kick-carry-with-yous when you're going door-to-door talking to people about 'Good News'! :-) ...Uhhhh...not everybody will use the tote like that, but some will! ^_^ YOU know who you are!! *wink! wink!*

      Okay, my news...and my time...is up!...


      Gotta go get me something to eat and get my Monday on schedule!...Have a good week everybody! :-)

About My Teachers

Let me tell you about my teachers!
Those who let my spirit fly.
Those who taught me self-control.
Those who always made me try.

My music teacher, small in size,
whose unsung words would sometimes sting;
He taught humility and patience,
while also teaching me to sing.

My English teacher, gregarious,
whose toothy smile was just as loud;
She taught me confidence and joy,
and to be fearless in a crowd.

My drama teacher, A or E,
from her I earned my hardest grade.
It was for letting out a scream.
From which I learned: 'Be Not Afraid'.

For basketball, and also Gym,
My coach would train us like a nut!
And though we lost, most every time,
I learned to try, no matter what.

I learned to cater, and to waitress,
from a crew who taught me well.
In fact, so many new experiences
that I now can hardly tell.

My Bible teacher too,
taught me how 'I must forgive';
And by teaching me God's laws,
also taught me how to live.

To my teachers, one and all,
bold, soft-spoken, shy or tough,
Thanks for teaching me the knowledge
that being 'me' is good enough!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a crazy weekend...I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend. I hope your week goes great and pancakes are back on the menu soon! Oh, I might be weird, but I loved when the kids were home during the summer months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy is right, Yaya!!...the weather...the news...and other stuff too! But so far my new week is off to a good start. At least the weather is beautiful! :-) ... By the way, I don't think it's weird to like having your kids home during the summer. I think that's great! But it still can be crazy busy!! LOL

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^