Monday, January 6, 2014

Let's Chill...And Tell Husband Stories!!


      I'm not in the mood to complain about the cold, foggy, wet, and freezingly rainy weather!...Or maybe I am!..... No!!...I wanna talk about something that makes me smile! :-) And in order to do that today...considering the fact that I woke up cramping like crazy, freezing cold, and not in a good mood...I have to talk about my hubby. :-) He makes me smile! And he did something this morning that made me smile through all of the bad I just told you about! :-)
       He tried to make me smile by talking about what kind of animal must've left these tracks in the snow in our backyard...
 

      I'm sure his wild 'hunting wolf' story is really just a neighborhood cat out on the prowl! LOL...And, no doubt, there's probably not much to his frozen backyard tundra story either!!...


      I must say though...I think he's right about the bird's soggy food. It probably was all wet! LOL...
 

       Oh Yeah...my hubby has told me a few stories over the years. ^_^ I usually razz him and we end up in a ball of laughter, but this morning...I wasn't in the mood....But did that stop him from talking, or stop him from trying to put me in a good mood?!...Nooooo! :-)
      He decided he would sing! ^_^ He decided to sing  'Sara Smile', by Hall & Oates! ^_^ ...


      ...And it worked!!! ^_^ I am officially now in a good mood!! 

      I think it was the theatrically inspired version he sang, with his fist as the microphone, and his eyes closed...while doing movements as if he were one of Gladys Knight's pips!! LOL...Sorry. I don't have any pictures. I was enjoying it waaaay too much to take pictures!! :-))
      Now I'm in a chilled mood...a chilled good mood! :-) Yeah, there's still freezing rain on the ground. It's still foggy as all get out in the backyard. The snow is still piled high. And the bird's food is still soggy!...But whatever!! I have a reason to smile today, and his name is 'husband'!! :-) I know it's kinda sappy, but would you rather see me talking about this, or be here relating what our last argument was about?!...LOL
      That's what I though!! LOL Have a good day, Y'all!! :-) And kiss a husband or a wife today, will ya! I'm sure they deserve it....for SOMETHING!!! ^_^

Every Day Love Talk

It's  2:30 in the morning.
The alarm goes off right on cue.
He gets up and shaves and showers;
says "Bye Bye Baby. I love you."

Right around noontime
comes a call on his cell phone,
saying: "I was thinking of you.
I can't  wait til I get home."

When his work day ends,
he calls to say he's  leaving the job.
I count the minutes I know it will take
before he's  turning our doorknob.

Then there's  3 pecks on the lips,
and "Hi Baby! How was your day?"
"Dinner will be ready in a little while;"
and before we go to bed, we pray.

We curl up in each other's  arms,
giggle and talk, laying in the moonlight;
and its an "I love you" and "I love you too"
and everything in the world seems right.

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice when we find something that helps us shift our mood when we are in the need of a little boost! Good for your husband to keep trying and make it happen!! :) Hope you are staying warm. We are preparing for the deep freeze tonight... xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Silke!...And you can't beat a good husband who really wants you to be smiling instead of feeling bad and complaining!! LOL...Stay safe in the deep freeze tonight!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^