Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Time...Hours, And Days.......!


      It's funny...and a good thing...that, no matter what's going on in your life, time, hours and days continue right along. The sun keeps rising in the morning, welcoming birds to chirp and eat, squirrels to chase each other, and neighborhood cats to prowl.
       

      I spent almost all day watching tennis, telling stories to my hubby about my friend, eating, crying, and watching more tennis.
 

      I wasn't very good company. And thankfully hubby didn't require me to be. He allowed me to just be...without judgement. He was so sweet...listening to my stories, crying with me. Suffering through my silly remembrances, and laughing along with me.
 

       I've had to deal with a lot of grief this year. Not much fun for people watching me go through it. And not much fun for me trying to write something about it here on the blog, while staying positive and still trying to find things to smile about.
 

      But I did it!...because there's always something positive to think about, and if you look hard enough, always something to smile about too...even if you have to do it through tears...Something like the fact that the sun keeps rising in the morning, and the moon keeps shining in the sky at night.
 

      I'm gonna give myself at least one more day to 'veg out', and contemplate the days. Then I'm gonna get back to my crocheting and stuff...which I'm not the slightest bit interested in doing right now.
 

      Hopefully by then I'll be able to pick up the mood of this blog too...and get back to some 'things I'm loving right now' or showing off what other Etsians or bloggers are up to.


      So, for today, please indulge my mope-iness. I'm trying to get myself ready to 'be there' for other people that might need me, but first...just like the stewardess tells you to do when you're watching her do the demonstration before your plane takes off...I've got to put the oxygen mask on myself!! LOL Otherwise I'm not gonna be 'no good' for anybody!!


      I'm so thankful that in the back of my mind, and in the front of my heart, at such a sad time, when I'm missing my friend so much, I don't have to be thinking about where she is, or if she's okay!! I know where she is...she's sleeping in death, waiting for the time when Jehovah God will awaken her from death...How do people that don't have deep belief get through times of grief?! It makes me sad for them.


      Anyway...another day has come and gone. And thankfully, this one will too. But not before I waste it away in sweet oblivion. :-)...I'm giving myself permission today.
      I hope your day is more upbeat, and that grief is far from your doorstep...I also hope that if you have questions about life...or death...that you get them answered now...before you're in a tough situation of life. As the Bible book of Ecclesiastes 9:11 says: '...time and unexpected events overtake us all.'
       Sorry...I'm so fun to talk to today...NOT! ^_^ See you tomorrow. Maybe I'll be more 'ME' then. I hope so!! LOL

Distracted

I'm terribly distracted.
Watching tennis all the time,
I don't even wanna talk.
And it's a struggle writing rhyme.

And I'm wonderfully distracted.
Doing what I love to do.
Whoop and holler at the T.V.,
while I blog a bit for you.

I'm sorry I'm distracted.
And I hope you will forgive
that my mind can not be wrangled.
All my thoughts are in the sieve.

What I'll try to do tomorrow...
which I clearly can't do now...
is to give my full attention
to those who will not get it now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your friend. I know you have a deep faith that one day you'll be reunited, but in the mean time I wish you some comfort and peace. Hugs from me to you Deb.

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^