Monday, January 17, 2011

My husband Thinks He's So Funny!

    Do you have a neutral-themed kitchen, like I do?! Well, you might find these dish towels as cute as I did! And you might get some ideas on how to make the kitchen an even cuter place to spend some time. :-)
    The header photo is a page from the article in my Country Living magazine. It's entitled "Dry Wit". The article says you can add a bit of colorful humor to your kitchen with these little dish towels. There's pictures of mason jars and teapots. One has spots on spoons. :-)) One has a detailed field guide to pots and pans. And one has a picture of egg beaters. The description says 'whip daily chores into shape with a sunny mixer motif'. Cute!...and witty!
    They have the places where you can pick up the cuties, in the magazine. So you know what that means!!....If you want them you might need to get the magazine to find out where to go shopping! :-)
    I thought these were a perfect lead in to what my hubby did this weekend. He thinks he's pretty funny too!.....And SOMETIMES he is!! LOL I'll tell you about it, but first I need to take care of some other business about the Giveaway I drew for the other day.
      As you'll remember, Cindy, of CinLynnBoutique, won...AGAIN! She was happy, but because she just won the last Giveaway a couple of weeks ago, she decided to pass this one on to the next winner. So, the second name that was pulled out of the box...just in case #1 passed on it, which she did...was...
    So, Julie G...Congratulations!! You can email me, convo me on Etsy, or tweet me on twitter to give me your address...that is, if you're interested in receiving my BIG afghan!! :-] (Scroll down to the bottom of this post to see photos of it)...I'll be announcing the new Giveaway item tomorrow. I've been putting all of your comments in the box for it already! :-)
     Okay, here's what happened...I was in on the computer, in deep concentration as I was reading your blogs and tweeting away about the football game. Then in burst hubby, looking like this...
     Now, I know you don't know him that well, so I can tell you that this is sooooooo NOT his usual dress. Not even when he's around the house! What he said when he popped through the door was: "Do I look like Pop, or what?!!!!" {"Pop" is making reference to his father!} Apparently a friend from the Kingdom Hall, our place of worship, gave him some clothes. These pants....which are a "kabillion" times too big for him! LOL...were in the bag.
    He said he tried them on and immediately knew they were too big, but they somehow looked familiar. So he went and looked at himself in the mirror and said: "Pop! Get out of there!!!"...Oh, readers, if only you knew how funny this REALLY is!!! ^_^ 
    When he stopped fooling around and just stood there in these HUGE clown pants and suspenders (which he never really wears!...He bought them as a fashion thing for somebody's wedding years ago, and has worn them maybe twice!) he looked...EXACTLY like Pop!!!! LOL
     We were laughing hysterically!!! When did that happen...that he started looking exactly like his father?!...And for that matter, when did I start looking like my grandmother?!!! ^_^ Clearly, we need to get rid of all of the mirrors in this house so we can live in delusion...in peace!!! LOL
     And I'm going to start making more time for real fun...
     ...Playing cards!! ^_^ Especially now that I know the history of my favorite "Bicycle" brand playing cards,...which I also learned from an article in my Country Living magazine! {Yes, I'm still enjoying it! :-)} Maybe if I can occupy my hubby a little more, he'll stop jumping through doors and making me laugh so hard that......! Well, you get the picture! ^_^

 In The Mirror, I See Me

The lines of history are there,
just like a book upon the shelf;
And they are written so that you see
that I'm no longer just myself.

I did not see it before now-
my mother's hair and brother's teeth,
my sister's honey-colored skin-
have stolen time, just like a thief.

The mirror's image always was
of me alone-just here and now;
But as I age, and years go by,
I see granddaddy's furrowed brow.

I see my auntie's pug, round nose;
and my uncle's sun-bleached spots.
It is amazing -one-by-one,
the way it all connects the dots.

They have written on the pages
of the book of life I see;
When I look into the mirror
I no longer just see me.

It is a thing I must accept,
instead of fighting who to be.
I will accept my life's reflection,
and I'll smile at what I see,
when, in the mirror, I see me.      

16 comments:

  1. That IS funny!!! I can just imagine what his father must look like!!! I'm seeing my husbands father in him a lot lately too! Scary! Great post Wug and congrats to Julie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CinLynn, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this getting old thing is not for sissies!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah that's funny! :D I can't compare my hubby to his dad because he passed away before hubby met me. Love your headless shots! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mariann, I knew you'd like this!! ^_^ And the headless shots was to spare everyone concerned. {Hubby really needs a haircut. All that hair makes him look EVEN MORE like his Pop! Barber shop, here he comes this weekend!! LOL}...By the way, does your hubby have pictures of his dad?!...Not that he has to go looking to see if he looks like him. Just because. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, of course he does. He looks exactly the same as his dad! :S I guess I know what our children will look like someday! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mariann, Knowing is everything!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww do you know for some reason that lovely poem made me cry i don't know why maybe its the reference to people and age im not sure but its very beautiful you are clever. But i did laugh with you with your hubby in those pants i could just imagin you both ;-)) Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. delia, Awww! I didn't mean to make you cry, but it is one of the nicest complements you can pay a poet who writes her life down in poems. Thank you. :-]...I'm glad you at least was able to run the gambit of emotions in my backyard today. I gave you a laugh too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Priscila, No!!! Not you too!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many times I've looked in the mirror and said my famous favorite line:"Are you kidding me?!" Then I say my second favorite line: "Give me a baseball bat!"...When I put on a certain pair of glasses, Hubby says "Hi Mary"..(that's my Mom) So I did laugh at your husband's antics and I agree..when did time come and plaster my ancestors faces on me?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know Poetess, your hubby could pretend he's a fireman when he wears those suspenders :D At least he got to use the suspenders again :) & I can just imagine you & he having a good laugh together.
    I'm with you on hiding the mirrors, I don't like the reminder that I am getting older.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He he, that's a funny story...however, I think your husband has a great look going on!! Seriously, I love the braces! I keep looking more and more like my mum in mirror and i'm not sure I like it. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yaya, Ha! Ha! It's scary how it happens almost unnoticeably too, until one day you look and then...WHAM!!! ^_^ "Hello Mama!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jo-anne, Ha! Ha! I never thought about that, but you're right! And firemen have their pants pretty big too!! ^_^ He never fancied being a fireman though...But he did want to be an airplane pilot at one time! {They don't wear their pants big enough though. *Teehee*}

    ReplyDelete
  15. KERRY, Oh! He's going to love your comment! ^_^ Great look?! WOW! You must not have had your coffee yet this morning. Your vision is still a little fuzzy!! Ha! Ha!...And hang on, with looking in the mirror. As the years go by, all kinds of features of your relatives start showing up on your body!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^