Tuesday, January 31, 2012

If It's Snow...You Need A Hat, Some Candy, And Some Music!


    No, this photo isn't of Massachusetts, but it sure could be today! We're actually getting a light snow flurry right now. So romantic looking....Yes, "I" said that! ^_^ Go figure...I'm missing snow! Who woulda 'thunk' it?!! LOL Not me, that's for sure!
     I didn't know I was missing snow until yesterday afternoon. While the sunshine was beating down on my backyard, I looked out the window and saw a light snow shower floating by, and thought: "Ooooo! Snow!!" Then I looked around to see who said that! ^_^ Imagine my surprise that...it was ME!! LOL
      Don't get all excited though, all you winter "white stuff" lovers! When I'm talking about me missing snow, I'm talking about the kind of snow that floats lightly from the sky and makes all sound disappear. Not the kind of snow that packs your grass and barbecue under a snow drift the size of Texas, where you have to pull out shovels and ice scrapers, snow blowers and salt to throw on the ground for grip!...Thinking about that kind of snow almost makes me sorry I said ANYTHING nice about the 'white stuff'! LOL
     From a purely financial perspective, snow "would" make people think about covering their heads...Covering their heads with hats...Maybe MY hats! ^_^ That would be a good thing! I've been making so many of them, but not selling any. Well...not yet anyway. Although I do have a hat on reserve for a customer right now. 
     But not selling them is not stopping me from making them!...This is my latest 'baby'!...
         My hubby loves these hats! Not necessarily the turquoise, but he's been trying to steal the black one and the red one! ^_^ I've held him off with the promise that I'll finally make him a new pair of fingerless gloves...I made the gray pair he's wearing now last year, or the year before (I can't remember).  They're looking pretty frazzled right about now, but he absolutely loves them! He says he's getting a lot of questions from guys that see him wearing his too, as to where he got them. He says I should make some and let him show them off for me! :-)
      Okay...Men's fingerless gloves,...not to mention water bottle holders, and toilet tissue covers....back on the list! :-) But for now, onward to the next hat! ^_^ I started it yesterday...
     I don't know if I'll finish it today though. My girlfriend is coming over to have breakfast and doctor on my 'silent' computer! The speakers came in....YAY!!! I may be boogieing before sunset! LOL
      Okay....what else?!....What else?!....Oh! Yeah! I found a couple of shops on Etsy I think you'll like. One has a fabulous watercolor painter! She's been on Etsy for a year without a sale!! If you look at her shop, with the cutest cards and paintings, you won't be able to believe it either!...This is one of her paintings...
        It's an original watercolor painting...You know how fond the 'Wug' family is of sunflowers! :-) Please go by and check out her shop. She's worth a little 'look-see'!
      
The other shop I found myself wandering around in is VonDulce! I'm gonna let the following pictures show you why!! :-)

 (Pear Passion Candy)


(Creamy Mint Candy)

       Yep! A whole shop full of one of a kind tasting, unique flavored, Danish candy!!!...She's from Michigan though. :-) The profile in her shop says: "...carefully handcrafted hard candy, and an instant favorite among both children and adults! These tasty artisan treats, are as fun to look at, as they are to eat...a variety of unique flavor combinations, that will suit classic lovers, as well as sour candies, for those who live on the edge. This "melt-in-your-mouth" treat, is a common Danish candy, and has been a passion of its creator, who grew up in Denmark, learning how to make hard candy the old fashioned way, just like they did in the 1800s. Try one and you will be hooked! :) ..."
       I had to keep slapping my 'clicker finger' the whole time I was in her shop!! ^_^ That's all I need this morning to get me off to a good start...some candy to go with my light snow, crochet hats, and music!! :-)
      Lastly, the Giveaway winner for the fuzzy keychain will be announced tomorrow, so you have a whole DAY to add your "Enter Me" to the growing list...all two of them! LOL...And seeing as I'm approaching 300 followers to the backyard, I think it's time for a more.....ummmmm....substantial Giveaway. What do you think?.....Another afghan blanket perhaps?! :-) I'll tell you about that later too. For now....I'm out! :-)
     Have a good day everybody! :-)
That Something Different

I like things that are different.
Things that somehow catch my eye.
Things not quite 'Just The Same'.
Things that make me want to buy.

I can't put my finger on it
as to why they move me so.
They're not whimsical or gory;
And not lavish. This I know.

Sometimes it's just their color.
Other times it's how they're worn;
Or Sometimes it's just how beautifully
they're painted, sewn, or torn.

With 'Different' as the gauge,
it could be almost anything.
I guess that's why I keep on looking.
Hoping for that 'Different' zing.

When I find that 'Something Different',
I'll pay cash or click or dial;
Or I may just show it off;
(Like I just did) and sit and smile.

12 comments:

  1. Wow that sunflower painting looks amazing.
    Gosh those candies look so tasty. My mouth was watering the whole time I looked at those photos. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know!! I love that painting! She has real talent...And so does the candy maker!! :-) My mouth was watering while I was looking at them too! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Deb, you got me with the candy. The painting is beautiful but I think it's because we are missing the beautiful colors of spring and summer. Love your poem. Please enter me. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ I knew the candy wasn't just calling "my" name! Ohhh! It looks soooo good! I may have to get some....HAVE TO! :-)) And you may be right about the sunflower painting too. I'm almost afraid to say so though. The "white Stuff" may come and get me! LOL...Thanks for the nice words about the poem too!...Have a good day, Vel!

      Delete
  3. aahhh you did make me smile with the snow comments ;-)) I rememeber your posts of old when you had so much you didn't know what to do with it ourself ;-)) We had a tiny light fluffy yesterday it was nice walking to work in it thankfully it didn't stick, its freezing cold here though. I love your hats there lovely. dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Yes! You 'do' remember!!! Oh! All those piles and piles of snow!!!!...A tiny light fluffy shower, which is what we had too, is much easier to deal with, and have nice thoughts about! :-)...Thanks for the nice words about the hats too! :-] Thanks, Dee!

      Delete
  4. I love that painting too! She really does do great work!!
    I love the hats! I just don't think they've caught on yet. But they will! You'll see!
    Better get those gloves done for hubby too. You don't want his fingers to get cold or he won't be able to snap those photos for you! LOL
    Not much to say...too tired today. Didn't sleep much last night. Have a good rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy!...Oh, if only we could paint like her, huh?! :-) That's alright. We do what we do alright!...Thanks, by the way, for the encouragement about the hats. I hope you're right!...Sorry you didn't sleep well last night too. I slept, but didn't really rest...if you know what I mean. Hopefully we'll both remedy that tonight! :-]

      Delete
  5. Love the color of that blue hat! So pretty! The sunflower painting is really lovely, I can't believe it hasn't sold yet! I'll let you be all warm and cozy with the snow. Today we were at 60de. and the sun did shine for a little bit. I was working and had to look out the window to enjoy it however. When I came home I threw open all the windows and let the air blow in and I felt very Spring like for a teensy bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice words about the hat, Yaya! And the painting. And I guess those painted sunflowers weren't the only ones feeling Spring-y, huh?! ^_^ Your temperatures were amazing! Although we got up into the 50s with sunshine too...after starting the morning with snow flurries!...*shaking my head*...Be prepared. Who knows what tomorrow's weather will bring! ^_^

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful blog! Women you are amazing! Thank you soooo much for adding my paintings! And, thank you all for the beautiful comments! You all made my day :D
    Now that I found this blog, maybe I can learn how to croche! NOT!LOL! I'll be visiting soon. God Bless!
    Jazz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jazz!...Thanks for the nice words about the blog! It was my pleasure to share your lovely painting...And any time you need a little help with your crochet, just holler! LOL Have a good day!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^