Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Why Do I Like It?!...Because I Do!


      Is it Wednesday already?! WOW! The days are melting one into the other! O_O Part of the reason is because I'm having a few health issues right now. The other part is because the weather is acting wacky. One day there's sun. The next day...pouring rain. The day after that, sun...AND pouring rain! UGH! But thankfully today we have sun!!!...I don't know how long it will last, but WHATEVER!!! :-]
      Let's talk about art! :-) Are you an art connoisseur...as I consider my crazy crocheting self to be! ^_^ If so, you probably like a certain kind of art, right?!.....Why?! In other words, do you know why you like what you like?!
      I don't know why I like what I like....I just know that I do! :-) And my 'likes' are all over the place. I even like the painting of the man in the art gallery looking at someone else's painting!! :-) (in the header photo)
     I found some other paintings on Etsy that I like too! See if you can tell why I like them...
 
 

      I love this one for a lot of reasons. First being the humor of it! I mean how can you not love a painting with worms and fish having bandaids on them! Ha! Ha!...But I also love all of the details. The puffy clouds in the sky. The young man's ankle socks. The piers wooden stakes going down under the water. The dragonfly on the floatie!! :-) There's even fish in the distance floating around. Great work!!

     Speaking of humor...
 

        I love this painting too!! :-) And look at the detail!!!...The ladies on the wallpaper. Her leopard pumps. The little mouse!! Eek!! ^_^

       This one I like for a whole other reason...
 

      It's a 'still life' of an apple. An apple that looks so real that you just wanna take a bite out of it! :-)

       And speaking of wanting to take a bite out of it....


      YUM!!!...Those doughnuts look so real that you can almost smell the chocolate and powdered sugar! :-) By the way, hmmmm...a coffee and doughnut might not be bad for breakfast on Friday! (Virtual Date Night) ^_^

      This painting I like for a whole other reason!...


      It's color!!! And placement of color. :-) Soooooo pretty!!

      Then there are paintings that aren't just for looking at. They're for feeling...


     Sooooo sweet....And the artist is sooooo talented! :-]

      So is this artist!...


      This painting reminded me of one of my poems. (I'll post it below.) ...Okay, I could be here all day, Y'all! :-] But I won't. I'm going to get me some breakfast, and do a bit of studying. See you tomorrow! Have a good hump day, Everybody! :-)

Dance

Life is a dance, they always say.
It has a rhythm and a rhyme,
It makes you set a pace, while it
flows in the stream of time.

And dancing has expressions
that I think are kinda neat,
like dancing eyes and dance of joy,
happy dance and dancing feet.

Whatever dance you do today,
I hope life pleases you.
It really doesn't matter how.
Just dance! I hope you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^