Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sports!!!...Yeah!

  Have I told you how much I love sports?!!
 Well, LOVE sports probably doesn't even say it all! And it's funny because I don't even know when my love for sports started. I DO know that I was young, because I have memories of myself as a child hitting rocks with a piece of wood the way Babe Ruth hit baseballs! I was good!!!
   Thankfully hubby loves sports too! And he loves all kinds of sports too, just like me! We can sit for hours watching Tennis, baseball, basketball, football, soccer, gymnastics, bull riding, moto-cross, skiing, bob sledding, ice skating, WHATEVER!!! LOL Neither one of us watch boxing or wrestling. We know some sports are violent, but we don't like watching sports where the intent going in is to hurt somebody!...On the total other end of the spectrum, in our opinion, is golf. The only thing that intentionally gets hurt in that sport is the ball...but neither one of us can watch it for long. And believe me we've tried!!! What happens is we find ourselves waking up all stiff from laying in the same place, and something else is on T.V.!!! LOL
   Hubby's new sport lately is picture taking. He loves wandering around the yard taking pictures! We may have found his next career, because I think he's pretty good at it!...I don't know who's going to pay him for backyard pictures, but he's sure good at taking them. See!
    I've got the French Open Tennis matches to entertain me while he's wandering around out in the yard, so it's all good! And later this week...The NBA basketball finals! After the weekend I'll have to get back into watching some baseball, until...around June 23rd. Wimbledon Tennis matches will start then!!! There's always something...Thankfully!!! And I have a built in rival/friend to watch it with. We never...well, hardly ever, choose the same team to root for while we're watching. Where would the fun be in that?!  :-)

When Jeff Was A Boy

He had an orange bicycle
that he rode all over town;
A banana-seated 'Stingray',
and its handle grips were brown.

At 12, to make some cash,
he had a great big paper route.
He'd either walk or ride his bike.
Come rain or shine, he would go out.

He had a little-fast-red wagon
he pretended was a car.
He hauled everything in sight,
from baby dolls to dirt-filled jars.

He played little league football,
basketball, kick soccer too.
Despite his having asthma
(which his coaches never knew).

He had lots of toys to play with-
matchbox cars and small 'Hot Wheels',
'Pick-up Sticks' and building blocks,
and model planes, which gave him thrills.

All his responsibility
was to take 'Skippy' out to run.
That's all his dog and him would do.
This made his childhood lots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Whew!! Finally got to read another one of your posts! Here is where we differ....I hate sports! LOL My hubby loves it all, but I'm bored by it! I've tried, believe me, but I just don't get the draw!! Hubby says it's cuz I don't understand it. Nope, that's not it. I DO understand a lot of it! Just don't find it interesting. With 1 exception.....baseball. If the Tigers are doing good, I love to watch them play. But no other team.
    Love the poem too, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinlynn, Go Tigers!...And thanks, belatedly, for the complement about my poem! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^