Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mood and Moon In Photos

    On any given non-rainy day, {which would not be today, because it's raining cats and dogs!} when I look up at the sky over my backyard, this is the view I get. Peaceful... Puffy clouds...Lightly swaying trees. This is part of the reason that, even though my body physically is not in very good shape, my mind is usually in a good place. Not in a perfect place!...But in a peaceful place.
   I love the look of the sky....So does my hubby. We can spend hours just looking at it!
    And my girlfriend, the one I wrote the post about HERE yesterday, loves the sky too. Her and my hubby  are always taking pictures of the sky. I've shared some of hubby's photos with you in the past. Today though, KINDA in honor of Wordless Wednesday {kinda, because I could never do a post completely free of words....it would KILL me! LOL}, I'm going to share some photos that my girlfriend took just riding around our town, at different times of the day...and night,...pictures of the sky! (And please forgive the lack of pristine quality photos. They were taken on her cell phone.)
    These glowing moon photos, even on her cell phone, are mood inspiring. Look at the clouds surrounding it!



    And on this last one, look at the red around the moon! She was so captivated by it...
    ...and when I saw it, I was too!....Wonder why that happened?!...Hmmmm...I guess I'll have to find out from someone who is more of an expert about things like that...or Google it! ^_^ Oh well, whatever the reason.....
    I can tell you that hubby, my girlfriend, and me are not the only ones captivated by sky. These next photos are a few that were taken by some really good sky-capturing photographers!
     The first three were taken by Silja Erg. I share her photos a lot on my blog because she's just that GOOD!
      I hope to reach the level of photo taking that her and my little foxMariann Rea,  have gotten to....some day! Mariann is a fabulous photographer too!! This is one of Mariann's. She gave it to me a while back. It makes a great wallpaper! :-)
    Makes you want to put your coat on, doesn't it?! :-] I thought it was a good one to end this Wordless.....^_^......Wednesday post with because I can tell that with the nip in the air over the last couple of weeks, pretty soon the sky around this area will be changing to a more wintry sky. Pretty soon my backyard trees are going to be looking a lot like this!....I figured I might as well start getting in the mood for it! :-)
    What mood are your present skies putting you in?!

Describe The Sky

Evoking awe and bouts of wonder.
Such inspiration, you just want to cry.
With birds high-flying, and winds a blowing,
what words would you use to describe the sky?

Would you say, whether clouds are upon it,
that it blankets a wondrous space?
Or would you be more awed and humbled,
hoping there you would find God's face?

I would say that when standing quiet,
looking up at the sun or moon,
there's a feeling of peaceful oneness
that I hope won't go away too soon.

Evoking bouts of awe and wonder
was probably what it was designed to do;
That is, besides giving off light and weather,
and the most spectacular view!

16 comments:

  1. Good morning! Love the photos you shared this morning. Not ready for the last one yet, but they say we'll be seeing some in a few days. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CinLynn! You're up early too I see!...I'm not ready for the last one yet either, but ready or not...HERE IT COMES!! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/17/2010

    Goodmorning Debbie! Oh those photos.I love the pinkish purplish one,lol.The very alst one is so cozy and so Christmasy I cant wait I hope it last forever this yr.But I know it always goes so fast.

    Happy new day to you,I loved the poem for today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, Somehow I knew you would like the pinkish purplish one! LOL I'm glad you liked my poem today too. I wrote it this morning just for this post! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha wordless wednesday :P
    Thanks for the feature! I have a lot of sky and sunset photos but they are all waiting for my webpage to come together. Yes....still working on it. In fact even though I am a webdesigner too I found this one guy who was willing to make me a more complicated webshop and for an okay fee but now he demands more money and I can't pay so I have once again taken this to my own hands :S We'll see what and if I come up with something so you could see my sunset pics too ;)

    I am waiting for the snow to return, we have had some already, simply because it is so beautiful and peaceful and more importantly LIGHT then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mariann, Ooooo! I can't wait to see your sky and sunset photos!!! {People always want more money AFTER the fact, don't they?! Grrrr!} I can tell you're the kid of person who likes the snow too. I like LOOKING at snow, but not being out in it! I'm from Georgia. And Georgia is a HOT weather state most of the time. We did get cool and cold weather, but where I grew up we RARELY got snow. And when we did get it, it melted within a very short time. Massachusetts, on the other hand, WHEW!!!!! We have had snow falls in the past where you can hardly walk in it. And once it fell it had to be piled up off the sides of the roads. Then it would freeze there!! It was like having little mountains all over town! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha yep, we have the same kind of winters here as you do now in Massachusetts. My grandma's fav type of weather is a blizzard LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mariann, YIKES! I need to have a conversation with your grandma!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos of the sky! Every single photo evokes a peaceful, calm, serene feeling. Wonderful post! Keep looking up to that sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, Thank you! I agree about the photos too! I hope to one day be able to take photos like these. At least I can appreciate them from afar! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos - love the ones with the moon and the snow... The beauty of the sky is so often reflected in the water - in the lakes, oceans etc. One of the most beautiful skies I ever saw was in St. Thomas, at night, with the moon relfecting on the ocean - it was beautiful...one of my favorite things is finding shapes in the clouds first with my daughters and now with my grandsons...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sky shots. I especially like the one at dusk. I need to take some time to do nothing but stare at the sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicki, Thank you for such a nice comment! I have friends from St. Thomas, so your account of the moon reflecting on the ocean brings up a picture of my friends there basking in the moonlight. :-)...And the picture of you watching the re-shaping clouds with your kids and grandkids is not a bad picture either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary Ann Wakeley, Thanks! And If you do take the time to do it, it's very calming and slows you down....it's all good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow those photos look fantastic. I love the sunrise or was it a sunset. Either way it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jo-anne, Thanks! And I think there's pictures of both, a sunrise and a sunset here. ^_^ And I agree with you about them too!

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^