Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sometimes It's Good To Be A Little Different!

           This Signed Original Dancing Metal Wall Sculpture by frivoloustendencies just proves the point of the title of my post today, that sometimes it's good to be different!...I had never seen anything like this wall hanging before, and lo and behold, there's a whole Etsy shop full of these 'different' and WONDERFUL wall sculptures!
     Raymond and Geraldine are just boogieing the day away! Makes me wanna go looking for some music! :-)...But this isn't the only sculpture I'm in love with in this shop! I love this one too!
      It's entitled Girls Just Want To Have Fun! They look like it too, don't they?!...Do yourself a favor and go and check out the rest of the 'different' sculptures they have.
      I don't know why 'different' things catch my eye. It could be the color, especially of things like these wall sculptures. But it's not always the color. Case in point...
     ...these Knitted Duck Foot Leg Warmer Slippers by SaintReagansHollow...Now, don't get me wrong, that canary yellow IS pretty cute! But she has a green pair of these cuties in her shop too. If I had seen them first they would have been the ones that caught my eye!
      Then I saw these little 'different' Say It On The Rock Paper Weights by sjengraving.
     Aren't they adorable?! I know they're paper weights, but I could see using these for a wedding gift. You could put them on the table for each guest at the reception even! So many possibilities...'different' from the norm. :-)
     Speaking of weddings, how about having these cuties on the top of your wedding cake?!
     These Large Nuzzling Love Birds Cake Topper by CountrySquirrelsRUS come with a nest and hand sculpted egg. They give new meaning to the expression 'Blue Bird of happiness', don't they?! ^_^ But actually, you can get them custom made in whatever color you want!
     How about some butterflies?! Nothing 'different' about butterflies, you say?!...How about butterflies on a necklace like this?! 
      What's 'different' about it is that it's a 3D Brown and Cream Butterflies Necklace. terminy made the butterflies look like they're gonna fly off of your neck, with the wings open-like. So pretty!
      And the last 'different' thing that caught my eye was these Soap Daisies by SatinandBirch
      Okay, so if I'm being honest, these would have caught my eye and I would have loved them anyway...just because they're flowers! :-) But when I found out that they were soap...SOAP!...I really loved them!!
     Because I needed something to keep my attention yesterday when hubby was having his Colonoscopy procedure, it was really nice to have something 'different' to focus on. I didn't want hubby to know how nervous I was...not about the procedure itself, but about what they would find UP THERE! ^_^
     Thankfully the only thing they found was that he was as "Clean as a Whistle!" And he's also thankful that he won't have to do that again for another 10 years! :-) It could have gone 'differently'...There was another gentleman in the recovery room with my hubby that found out that he had 2 polyps. I think they removed them successfully. So, both him and my hubby were glad they had the test done!
     And now I'll go and get me a nap because I just got through watching the Women's Final tennis match at the Australian Open. It's a little after 6 a.m. I've been up since 3 a.m.!! Spoiler Alert!!!.......Congratulations Kim Clijsters!!!....And actually, Congratulations to Li Na too! It was one of the best finals I've seen in a while. Something 'different' from past recent years!! LOL
      All that's left is a poem!...Have a good day everybody!! :-)

That Something Different

I like things that are different.
Things that somehow catch my eye.
Things not quite 'Just The Same'.
Things that make me want to buy.

I can't put my finger on it
as to why they move me so.
They're not whimsical or gory;
And not lavish. This I know.

Sometimes it's just their color.
Other times it's how they're worn;
Or Sometimes it's just how beautifully
they're painted, sewn, or torn.

With 'Different' as the gauge,
it could be almost anything.
I guess that's why I keep on looking.
Hoping for that 'Different' zing.

When I find that 'Something Different',
I'll pay cash or click or dial;
Or I may just show it off;
(Like I just did) and sit and smile. 

10 comments:

  1. I love those wall sculptures. They look nice, vibrant and fun!
    Surely those flowers aren't soap? They look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, I adore those wall arts, they remind me ramba music, warm sunny days, long nights, cocktails and having fun, beautiful. I can't believe those flowers are soap you wouldn't want to use them to far to pretty. So glad it was good news for yesterday. Enjoy your weekend, Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo-anne, I think so too! I wish I could afford to get one of them too!! I'll have to save up!...And those soaps ARE cute, aren't they?! I think I CAN afford some of those! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. delia, Hi! Yep! They're soap flowers! And they would look so pretty in my bathroom too! Although my visitors might go into the bathroom when they come by, and disappear! ^_^ Imagine how much fun they'd have in there if I had one of these sculptures on the wall too!!...And thanks about hubby too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore the paper weights and the soap flowers. No, I love it all. I want it all. You really shouldn't put up lovely pictures of such fab things when I've just spent my money. Now I'm sulking because I want these too...and I definitely want the duck feet warmers.
    Seriously, I am glad your husband is okay. It's such a worry when you are waiting on results of these procedures.
    As always I enjoyed your poem.
    Many thanks for your visit earlier. Boy, you were up early weren't you?
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Facing50, Ha! Ha! I want it all too!! If I spent this kind of money though, my marriage to Mr. Calm and Cool might be in danger of explosion!! ^_^ I'm getting me some of those soaps sometime soon though...Maybe!!!...Thanks about hubby, and yeah, I was "up for" that tennis match in more ways than one!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you probably already know Wug, I love the sculptures! I fell in love with that shop the minute I saw it! And the soap shop is awesome too! Did you see the seashells? Love them!
    Hope you had a good nap today. I've been MIA today, but for good reasons. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CinLynn, Yes, I know you love the sculptures. I saw the header photo one in your treasury!! That's what made me go roaming around the rest of her shop!! :-)) You have a good eye my friend!...It's been an interesting day for me too...Grrrr! I may need to do some praying and take a much longer nap tomorrow...to calm down!...Please convo or direct message me about what's going on with you today. I missed you. I'm hoping it was something really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection, I like them all! Thank you so much including my custom made love bird sculptures, it's an honor to be here!

    Annette Bailey
    Country Squirrels-R-US

    ReplyDelete
  10. Country Squirrels-R-US, Thank you so much! It was my pleasure. Your birdies were the color this post needed! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^