Thursday, December 13, 2012

As 'Scarce As Hen's Teeth'!!


        What is it with me and birds?...especially chickens?! O_O ... Let me see...My book of poems is themed around them...


       ...My description for the book talks all about how I remember chickens behaving in the yard when I was a little girl!

     ...I'm bird-watching all of the time in my backyard now!...And a lot of my expressions are about how they fly, or how scarce their teeth are! ^_^ ...And every time I see something on Etsy with a bird or chicken theme to it....I'm in!!...What is that about?! LOL

    Anyway!...Today the thing I'm talking about...chicken-wise, or rather, hen-wise, is 'time'!...


      Time is as scarce as hen's teeth in my house these days! O_O And in case you didn't know it, hen don't have teeth! LOL...Just like I don't seem to have any time!...I've been on a kind of schedule....kinda! I have studying, blogging, eating, and sleeping...i.e. napping! ^_^ ...down to a science! LOL
     But lately, with friends of mine seriously ill, and my shop selling regularly, time seems to just be flying the coop!!...


     I look down and see all the things I have to do written on paper, and then I look up and....there's no time to do any of it, it seems!!...And yet, my creative brain is always working!...





     These are some of the things it's been working on lately!...
 




      I've been really fighting with myself over the button...or no button...thing lately....Do YOU have a preference?!...Most of these are already in the Wuglyees shop. The others will be soon...if I can find the time to list them!! (Just click on the photos if you're interested in them.)

    Hmmmmm...I'm feeling kinda 'peckish'! (hungry) ^_^ I'm off to get some breakfast, ship a package, do some crocheting, etc.....*sigh*....where will I find the time for my nap?! O_O ...I'm sure I'll figure it out! ^_^ ...Have a good day, everybody!! Make the most of it. Times flies by so fast...like the wind...or like a bird!! :-]

Time Goes By So Fast!

Time goes by so fast!
It seems to fly just like the wind.
Before you eat your breakfast,
seems it's yesterday again!

You visit with some friends,
go to work and cut the lawn.
Then you look up from your book
and face another fleeting dawn!

You're planning what's for dinner,
jotting down the grocery list.
You wake up from a nap,
and now you're looking at a mist!

Time goes by so fast!
It seems to fly just like the wind.
Make the most out of it,
cause it may not come again!

6 comments:

  1. Time is a dying commodity for sure! Jehovah said he was going to "speed it up" at the end. Of course this is referring to the influx in the organization, but I can't help but think it also refers to time. Even young people think time is going by fast!! I never felt that way when I was young. Hmmmmmm...
    As for the flowers....I love them with and without the buttons. Keep making them both ways to suit your customers tastes. That's just my suggestion.
    Anyway...have a great day. Enjoy your breakfast (I did!), and have a good meeting tonight too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is a dying commodity...and a hard one to wrangle too!...Thanks for the suggestion about the flowers too. I guess 'both' it is!! :-) ... Have a good day and meeting yourself, my friend! :-]

      Delete
  2. Hello Deb,
    I think my preference would be without the button. But at the same time I like the brown one.
    Love the poem! Time does fly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Priscila! :-) ... Thank you very much for the feedback on my boutonnieres!! I'll file it away in my mind. ^_^ And I'm glad you like the poem too! Have a good rest of the day!

      Delete
  3. I love buttons so I'm voting "pro button" on the ballot! I agree about time. I hate when they change it from springing forward to falling back..makes no sense to me and it upsets my system! I'm finding myself rushing to much these days and my knees are telling me to slow it down! Have a good weekend...I'm off to visit my Mom in Chicago and I'm hoping time will be kind and give me much more of it with my family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Yaya, for the input on my 'button'/'no-button' issue. Looks like I'm pushing about 50/50 now! :-] ... And I'm with you about the changing of the time thing too! I think part of why I'm feeling so short of time is because it's getting dark so early now!...just after 4 p.m.!!! O_O ...Enjoy your family in Chicago. You reminded me that I haven't heard from my Chicago family for quite a while! O_O I don't celebrate Christmas, and I know they do. So I'll wait until the season is over before I contact them. No need being their 'stick in the mud' while I'm being all happy that I'm not celebrating it!! LOL...Have a good weekend, Yaya! :-]

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^