Sunday, December 30, 2012

Listen Euclid and Freyr...Enough Is Enough!!


      I don't wanna be out there in it, but the backyard looks like a picture postcard this morning! :-) Why, you ask?!...because day before yesterday storm 'Euclid' dropped about 3 or 4 inches on it....and last night storm 'Freyr' dropped another 7 inches on it!!!


       Looking at it from inside the house is the only way to enjoy it though, in my opinion!...especially since it's also only about 23 degrees out there! (Fahrenheit) O_O I feel bad for anybody that has to be out there in it!...Like the snow blower man.
       He plowed a path for us in the backyard yesterday, which was after 'Euclid', but before 'Freyr'. Just watching him having to stomp down the icy-topped snow piles before he could use the snowblower on them made me feel sorry for him! O_O Poor cold, wet, frozen-handed guy!!!...But better him than me!! ^_^

      I also feel sorry for the birds. :-( They look so pitiful when they come to the feeder...sometimes in groups. They're out there contending with....and nosily I might add...this sight...


      I mean...think about it...have you ever had your heart set on having a certain meal for dinner, and you went into the refrigerator to pull it out to cook it, and remembered that you put it in the freezer......Then you look in the freezer and see something that looks like this staring back at you?! O_O ...


      If so, how did 'YOU' feel?!.....Now do you feel sorry for the birdies?! ^_^

      They're kinda funny though. Every half an hour or so they come back, making all kinds of noise. They hop on the feeder, look at the food from all angles, squawk, hop in the tree, squawk, hop back on the feeder, squawk, hop down to the ground under the feeder, squawk....and then they make a lot of noise and fly off in a huff!! LOL...Well...it sounds like an angry huff flying to me anyway!! ^_^
       They don't stay angry for long though, because in a short period of time they come back and start the whole process over again!! :-) Unfortunately today, their return is not gonna heat the food up any more than it is....because we're due to be in the 20s, temperature-wise, all day!!...They better learn how to wield those sharp beaks and cut through that frozen icy food, or else they're gonna have to move to Florida!! LOL
    Frankly, looking out my window, Florida doesn't seem like such a bad idea!! ^_^ I mean...they've got sunshine, swimming pools, Walt Disney amusement parks, and Key Lime Pie!!!! :-)) ... while we have this!...



     Sorry about the shaky video, but I did an un-intended video setting switch on my camera somehow, and I don't know how to fix it now! LOL I'm not gonna try to either...because the photos are still coming out okay. 'Leave well enough alone' I always say!! ^_^ Have a good day, Everybody! I'm off to get ready for my meeting....if we have one today with all of this snow on the ground, and roads still slippery they say....Ugh!

Sunday Mornings

Sunday mornings are for quiet,
and for music in your ears.
Not for fretting over business,
or for struggle, or for tears.

Sunday mornings are for worship,
or for time to just relax.
Not for schedules that need keeping,
or for dealing with the 'Quacks'!

Sunday mornings are for slowness,
sipping on a cup of 'Joe';
Getting ready for the new week,
when you have to 'Go! Go! Go!'

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Deb, that is some SNOW!! I would stay snug inside the house. Or get dressed really warmly and go outside with the dog. But probably stay inside and crochet! ;-) Here, it was 32 degrees this morning and we thought it was deep winter - I can't believe how much I've gotten used to the weather being pretty warm all year round...

    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silke!...Yep! Snug inside the house...crocheting!...That's me!! ^_^ Waiting for the New England Patriots...and later the Dallas Cowboys' football games! :-) ... And by the way, 32 degrees is not warm either!!...LOL...but at least it didn't have snow piled on top of it!...Enjoy your day! :-]

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^