Monday, December 24, 2012

It's NOT A Post About Christmas! :-)


       Sorry I couldn't get a better photo for you. But even if I did, you don't have 'smell-o-puter' or 'taste-o-puter'...so you still wouldn't get the full effect anyway!! ^_^ They're peanut butter almond chocolate kiss cookies....YUM!!


    They weren't made by my hubby either. :-] I know!!....Surprise, right?...with all of his cooking lately!


       Nope! They were given to us as a gift! :-) ... Oh how I love a good tasting gift that's given to you.....JUST BECAUSE!! :-) ... Note To Self: Crochet 'her' a gift! :-]

     The peanut butter almond chocolate kiss cookies took precedence on the blog today because I didn't want to treat you like a captured audience and regale you with the long story of why I don't celebrate Christmas!...Besides just about every other blog post in my list today was stories about Christmas it seemed, in one way or another!...{I say "it seemed" because...sorry, but...I don't read the Christmas story blogs.  I'm waiting for the season to be over so that I can go back to seeing what everybody is doing and creating! ^_^} 
     And also...I've told you my non-celebrating story about Christmas before. ^_^ That doesn't mean that I wouldn't talk about it again if you wanted to hear it though! Do you have any questions?....Go ahead, ask me, ask me!! :-))
     While I wait to get your questions....^_^...let me show you what I was working on all day yesterday!...a few wedding boutonnieres for my Wuglyees shop!! :-) ...This is a groom and best man set...




      'Tangerine orange and pink love button boutonnieres' to be exact! :-)

     I know!...You're probably saying...and with a furrowed brow and a stink face too!..."why those colors, Wug?!!" ^_^ Well, the reason is because I did a Google search to find out what the most popular wedding colors were this year,...I'll tell you why in a minute......and I ended up with a stink face and a furrowed brow too when I saw the list, and found out that tangerine orange and pink were number one!! O_O
      And go figure...green and brown and green and blue weren't even on the list this year!!...What?!! O_O...Blush pink and pewter gray were number two, and blue willow and white were number three!...I didn't make those colors yet. The orange and pink distracted me!! ^_^ But I made these...


     This is for the father of the bride...or whoever. ^_^
 

       This one can be worn by a groom too...



       And this lapel pin is for the little ring bearer...




      Today I'm working on the three pink bridesmaids, and the three orange groomsman boutonnieres. I'll show you those later. 

      The reason I'm making them is because of a conversation I had with the representative of a new wedding website. I was contacted about a partnership with them...Long story short, it wasn't gonna work for me, so I turned down the opportunity. But I 'did' get encouraged from the comments she made about my boutonnieres and their potential in the wedding market! :-) So I decided to make some wedding style boutonnieres for my Wuglyees shop.
      I'm gonna add a specific 'wedding' section for them, and offer individual boutonnieres and brooches, and some wedding packages, for brides, grooms, bridesmaids and groomsmen, flower girls and ring bearers, mothers of the bride, etc......I may even make larger flowers for the front of cake tables and things like that! :-)
      I'll still be making my regular boutonnieres and lapel pins too though, so no worries! :-] I just need to update my shop to fit the times is all...In fact, I made this one yesterday too...



     It's black, gray and off white...I'm on my way over to list it right now...even though even if somebody buys it, I can't ship it today or tomorrow. The post office isn't open! ^_^ ... See what Christmas does to my schedule?! :-) ... Whatever! More time for a nap!! ^_^

     Okay, I'm off!...I apologize for posting so late today (for those of you that noticed! ^_^)...Life got in the way this morning, and the phone did too!!! ^_^ See you tomorrow! Have a good one, Yall!

Catching Up

I see life from my perspective.
And it's always a full cup.
I rarely see the glass half empty.
I don't let much interrupt.

But now I find this needs a change.
I have some catching up to do.
I have some things that need updating.
And some family bonds to glue.

Some things have lagged unmercifully.
They need some tweaking, not too much.
Just need to get back some perspective..
Get some family lines in touch.

This catching up will be wide ranging.
Out with the old, in with the new.
But when you're catching up with people,
there's still some old when you're all through.

Catching up sometimes is tiring.
Maybe that's why I've been waiting.
And, besides, when I'm all done,
there seems there's more that needs updating!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I knew that the tangerine and pink was "in!" Went to a wedding not long ago, and that was their colors. I couldn't understand it. Doesn't seem that they go together, but...whatever! If it works, great!!
    I love that you're putting in a wedding section in your shop! Great idea! And I hope it takes off for you too!
    Have a wonderful day today. I'm sitting here listening to hubby pound out the old tile in our bathroom! Ugh!! I'm not liking that sound, but when it's remodeled, I know I'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bead!...Really?! Tangerine and pink?! O_O Go figure!!...By the way, I put the wedding section in the shop yesterday. Now I just have to fill it up! ^_^ Fun for me!!...I didn't know you were getting your bathroom remodeled!! How exciting!...You can handle the noise for that though! :-) Have a good day, my friend.

      Delete
  2. The wedding boutonnieres look amazing. I love the colour combination. Who would've thought tangerine orange and pink would look so good together.
    Those cookies look amazing. I was sure your hubby had baked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you, Jo! :-] And you're right about the colors! Tangerine and pink! Who would've guessed?!! O_O ... By the way, I'm sure my husband 'will' be trying to make some cookies like this soon now! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^