Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Can't See Birds Or Flowers Today!!


     At least I can see flowers in this shop!...*sigh*...The snow has completely covered the backyard now...



     We're in the midst of a very bad winter storm. It started around 7 p.m. last night, and it's been coming down at a good clip since then! As a matter of fact, at around 11 p.m. we already had about 3 inches on the ground!!
     As of right now we may have as much as 6 inches!! O_O ...And now...there's freezing rain falling on top of it!!...It's gonna be such a good day.....NOT!!!




      I sure hope birds can eat food with 'freezer burn'!! LOL...Although, eating apparently wasn't their most important priority yesterday!...At least not from my feeder! O_O I heard them out there early yesterday morning, and then.....nothing...not a peep!...for the rest of the day! O_O Curious!
     I should have known at that moment that while the weather people weren't sure what kind of storm it was gonna turn out to be, the birds did!! ^_^ They 'high-tailed' it outta here before the storm hit! They're probably somewhere in Florida (waaaaaay south of here!) laying on a chaise lounge, with their little bird legs crossed, and sipping on some mint juleps next to a swimming pool!! ^_^ ...while people around here are buying road salt and de-icer and absconding from the stores with every kind of snow shovel known to man! ^_^

      They may also be looking for warm scarves, gloves and hats!...I say, if they are, I've got the scarves you need, and a few fingerless gloves and hats in my Wuglyees shop! :-) ...And if you're looking for really pretty hats...even I would buy these myself!...check out the shop where the above cashmere flower came from!...


       She has these hats in some of the prettiest colors too! Just click on the photo to go by her shop and check them out! :-)

      Funny story: Hubby and I were joking around last night about what people were probably doing during the storm. I jokingly said: "They're probably online shopping! ^_^ I'm gonna go over to my shop right now and there's gonna be a sale. You just watch!!!"
     He said sarcastically: "Righttttt! *wink! wink!*...Of course I was sure there wasn't gonna be a sale. I just was making a joke...Lo and behold, there wasn't "a" sale. There were three!!!!! ^_^ I was floored!! I mean...it's "AFTER" Christmas and I'm not having a sale in my shop!!! ^_^ ...Surprised?!......Surprised is not the word!....FLABBERGASTED!!! ^_^ ....and Oh Yeah!.....VERY happy!!! :-)
      Now I just have to wait for the storm to cal down some, and for the authorities to make the roads more drivable, so that I can get their items shipped! O_O ...The Postal Service may have the motto: 'Neither rain, sleet or dark of night, will stop us from getting your packages to you,....' Or something like that! ^_^...but "I" am NOT the postal service! I'm a falling 'white stuff' dis-liking Wug!! LOL
       I'm sitting here with breakfast in bed (eggs, bacon and oatmeal with peaches, cinnamon and honey)..."Thank You, Baby! :-)" ♥♥♥...waiting out the storm with my 6-foot honey. :-) I'm in no hurry to ship, crochet.......or flip left and right.......at this moment!! LOL 
      I'm sure that'll change this afternoon when the freezing rain and snow stops, so if anybody else wants to order something to be shipped 'NOW'S THE TIME'!! ^_^
      If you're snowed in, rain-soaked, hiding inside in your air-conditioning, or whatever.....what are you doing with your time?! :-] ... Whatever it is, have a good day Everybody!! {The poem below was not about this snow storm, but I think you'll get the 'drift'! LOL}

Snow TRAPPED!

TRAPPED! Another snow storm!
Will this "STUFF" never end?!
We've be wolloped, punched, and socked,
and now?! Another one on the chin!

'Adding insult to the injury',
there will be an inch of ice!
I guess winter thought we needed
just a little 'SCARY' spice!

Do I sound bitter? Sick of it?
About to lose my snowed-in mind?!
Well, that would be correct!
That is, the brain cells I can find!

TRAPPED! Sick of snow,
and it's icicles everywhere!
Good thing I have crochet!
It will replace my pulled out hair! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. I love snowed in days!! Have a good one and congrats on all the sales!! Keep them coming!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be! ^_^ Breakfast was good anyway!...Now on to other things!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Our storm that we sent your way came and left us with 6in of white stuff. Today it was all calm and sort of bright..no sun but the snow made it look bright! I think we're getting some more on Sat. I'm wishing for last winter and barely any snow....sigh..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!...I guess you didn't send the storm away from you fast enough, huh?! ^_^ Actually we got about 6 or 7 inches too...and ice. So much fun!!! NOT!...And yes, we're getting more on Saturday too! They say maybe 1-3 inches. We'll see!...Whatever! ^_^ Have a good day, Yaya!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^