Friday, April 12, 2013

"Hello 'Virtual Friday!!! I Thought You'd Never Get Here!"


      Phew! I didn't think this week was ever gonna end! But it did! ^_^ It's finally Friday...YAY!!!! :-) ... Unfortunately the weather in our neck of the woods doesn't care that this is not just 'any' Friday, but, in fact, my 'virtual' Friday date day!
    And considering the things going on in the news over the last few days...*the world is going CRAZY, Y'all!!!*...we're altering our travel plans just a bit...Instead of heading out of the country, we're gonna stay a little close to home...maybe catch a movie...eat something sweet...and do some dancing...in our way! LOL...{I've been craving and dreaming about hot fudge sundaes with thick fudge, toasted almonds and pineapples!!! VERY specific, right?! We've been off sugar this week in order to try to wrangle up some energy for me...it didn't work anyway! ^_^ LOL}
    While I tell you what happened to hubby last night, let me share with you my latest three lapel pins too...



    The colors in this lapel pin (above) are much softer than they appear in my photo. Unfortunately it's very dark outside, so I'm not getting enough light in the window to take good photos...Believe it or not, we may actually get snow here today!!! UGH!...Tons of rain, sleet and ice, and maybe SNOW!!!...in the so-called Springtime!!! O_O
     Anyway!...moving on!!!...slowly! :-] ... Last night hubby went out to the grocery store to grab a couple of things. As he was going down one of the aisles he saw a guy with a shopping cart, and he was stuffing shopping bags with food inside the cart...you know, the eco-friendly cloth bags you bring with you to the store.
      Hubby thought that the guy was a store employee who was shopping for things for home! But then he saw the lady store manager coming down another aisle toward that guy, and she was looking concerned.
    Hubby continued his shopping, even though he was sure something was going on. It just seemed like a strange situation...Then when he was done shopping and went through the line to cash out, there was a big commotion at the store's exit door! The cashier told him that the guy that was stuffing groceries into bags left the store without paying! And apparently this wasn't the first time he'd done that!
    The really strange part of this story is that this also wasn't the first time hubby was at the store when someone was trying to take off with free goods!! O_O One other time a guy had a shopping cart full of baby diapers! He tried to get away by running through the door at full speed...but the door didn't open fast enough! As he was trying to adjust the cart...his plan B...and pull the cart out the door, the store employee grabbed the cart!...he had to run off without his diapers!...which he probably really needed at that point! LOL
     


    Both of these incidents happened around the same time of night. And both of these guys actually got away!...I would say that the store probably needs a bit more security around that time!...And my hubby needs to find a different time of night to think of the last minute things he needs to get! ^_^



     Moving on...again! ^_^ ... What color would you call this boutonniere above?!...I was gonna call it 'light purple', but then when I looked at it under different light it looked more violet colored. O_O
     This has led to an epiphany! LOL I'm now going to call the colors of the items in my Wuglyees shop by the color names of the DMC thread that I'm using! :-) Wanna know what they call this color?!..."Very Dark Lavender". So later on today, or tomorrow if I can't get a good photo today, I'll be putting it in the shop under the 'Very Dark Lavender' name.
      I'm gonna have to change some of the other names, as I make new ones. With all of the slight hue changes and stuff though, I'd be all day trying to give them names myself. I say let those who do it well, and who made the color themselves, do it!! ^_^
     My 'virtual' date has started. Hubby just brought me fried catfish and grits! ^_^ Hmmmm....what am I gonna give him?!...I'll think of something!! ^_^ He'd be happy if I just didn't give him a hard time today!!...Done! LOL Have a good day, everybody! :-)

The Night We Have A Date

We're  married many years;
Too old to go to bed too late.
We sometimes sit and laugh about it,
on the night we have a date.

Every Friday night is ours;
Time we long anticipate;
When we eat what we've been craving,
on the night we have a date.

We let nothing interfere.
(I recommend this with your mate).
Just focus one night, every week,
as the night you have a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^