Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How Do You Feel About Nurses?!


           YAY!!! Strike up the band!...Jump for joy!!...Slap yo mama!!...Tell the fat lady she can sing now!!...I'm still alive!!! LOL....What?! Too dramatic?! ^_^ Okay...Okay! It's not that big of news. But I am happy to report that even though the nurse tried to turn me into a contortionist...and a human pincushion...I survived the medical tests!! :-)


       That was not fun, Y'all!...But that's no surprise to anybody that's ever had to have blood drawn and fluids taken...and who would rather have had tea in a silver cup, finger sandwiches with shrimp sticking out of the side of them, or a hammer to the head at swift speed!!..ANYTHING would have been better!...ANYTHING!!! LOL

     Oh Well, it's done!...At least this round is done....YEP! One of the tests may have to be repeated later...*sigh*...but I'm hoping not! I'll have to wait for the results of the blood-work I just had taken.

       The positive thing out of all of this....and YES! there was something positive... :-) ...is that my faith in nurses was renewed once again! :-) I love nurses! They make it 'all better' somehow with all of the smiles, chitter chatter, giggling, sincere sympathy, nurturing demeanor, hands-on comfort, and attention to detail. I felt thoroughly cared about, and cared for. :-] 



      Nurses should be getting paid doctor's wages...just saying!!...They have to 'make happen' everything the doctor is too chicken to tell you that he's making them do, and explain all of the details of what the doctor told them to do to you!! ^_^ And they're the ones left to try to explain 'why'...without being disrespectful to the doctor, or showing their annoyance that they're being made to do it!!!...Oh, the conversations nurses must have about doctors and patients after they leave them!! LOL...Whatever!...They sure never let on while they're contorting and sticking you!! LOL

     On a personal note, I had to be stuck 'A LOT' yesterday! O_O By the time the nurse left me I had band-aids on my left arm, on the back of my left hand, on my right arm, and on the back of my right hand too!...which was where they finally were able to get blood from me! O_O It was a painful, slow process. But at least they were finally able to get it!...That needle seemed to be growing bigger and bigger with every new stick!!!...You ever have a baseball bat injected into your veins?!...YIKES!...NOT fun!! :-))


      
     On a really good note, the nurse said my temp and oxygen levels were normal. And although my blood pressure was a little low...Yatta Yatta Yatta and Blah Blah Blah...there was nothing that will stop me from singing, writing, or crocheting...So I'm good! ^_^ In fact, after I un-pretzeled myself and was able to chat with the nurse, she seemed quite pleased with my overall health!...Or she might've just been saying that because she wanted to calm me down because of the inquisitive "Am I dying" look on my face! LOL

 Only time will tell if the doctor is as happy with me too!... :-) ...after the results of my blood and fluid tests come back! So, the story is "TO BE CONTINUED"! :-)


        For now, look forward to chatty 'ME', up to my usual silliness! ^_^ ...Okay, enough about me. How are you?!!! :-)

Tired
 

Sapped, low,
weary, slow.

Dragging about,
plum tuckered out.

Fatigued, spent,
No power surge sent.

Depleted, drained,
almost empty-brained.

Pooped, sucked dry,
out of gas, can't try.

Exhausted, fried,
 done in, mopey-eyed.

Tired? There's no doubt!
'Cause I'm all petered out.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, nurses can make all the difference! I was in and out of the hospital a few years ago and on a 13 stay stint in the hospital, the really good nurses kept me going, (along with family, of course) helping me, cheering me on, and helping keep my sanity. There were a couple that weren't so great but by far the vast majority were awesome. And they work their buns off!

    Hope all your tests come out showing radiant health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly can make all the difference!! And you're so right about how hard they work! I used to be a nurse's aide. Work was 'my' middle name too! LOL...Thank you for the encouraging words too!...Thank you!! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're done with that round and that things look good. I'm all for the getting things checked these days, especially as I get older. And as you say, where would the doctors be without the help of the nurses? They really do a good job!!
    Hope the results come back okay for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I am too, Cindy!! Now, on to the results! ^_^ Hopefully everything will check out just fine and I'll be back to my old self again.

      Delete
  3. What a nice tribute to nursing! I work with a good group of nurses and I'm proud to be among them even though I'm not a nurse..I'm a surgical technician..a fancy name for "scrub nurse". National Nurses Week is May 6th-12th...go hug a nurse that week! Glad your tests are done for now and everything seems to be good. I can tell you where Docs would be without nurses..you don't want to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thank you, Yaya. I have to admit, I had you in mind while I was writing it too. I 'KNOW' how much work and nurturing your job takes...not only nurturing patients, but doctors too!! LOL...Thanks for the heads up about National Nurses Week, May 6th-12th. I didn't know anything about that. Maybe I'll get a chance to hug a nurse that week. :-) But if the opportunity doesn't present itself...I won't be mad at it! LOL They know how I feel!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^