Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oh, How I Love A Good Search!


      Happy Pancake Sunday! :-) I have to say that!...I have to say it because...because...I just have to, that's why!! ^_^ I'd rather talk about pancakes than about what's going on around here! ^_^ I mean, it's dark and gloomy looking outside...spritz of rain I think...and my bones are aching.  Add to that...the fact that things aren't going well in the job searching department for my hubby, and that we've been denied some financial support by the agencies around here, and that I've got more medical tests ahead this week maybe, and that there was a death in the family!...and you'll know why I'd rather talk about happy pancakes! :-]
    I know...I should be in a bad mood, right?! But who can be in a bad mood when pancakes with syrup, and brown and crispy juicy sausages are on your plate?! ^_^ ... Besides, my issues are small in comparison to some of the problems my friends and family are dealing with! So, keeping it in perspective, 'PASS THE PANCAKES PLEASE!' :-)
      Since I can't change any of the above situations, and my body was not warmed up enough to do a lot of moving yet, and the pancakes were not done..."Hurry it up, Honey"!! ^_^...I decided to start a little search this morning to put myself in a good mood. What kind of search, you ask?!...The search to find out whether my vintage sewing machine had any value!...


     It's an old Singer Sewing Machine. 



      Frankly, I've tried to search for information about it before, but I wasn't that thorough or determined. The farthest I'd gone was to Ebay...where I found out that most of the vintage Singer sewing machines at that time were around $100...not very much! :-(


     This morning I looked again on Ebay, and found that the value had gone up a bit...but not very much. But still, there was no exact machine like mine! Mine is the kind that you lift up out of the wooden cabinet...
 

     ...and the writing on top...besides the name 'Singer' I mean...was in another language! I didn't know until this morning what language it actually was, but I suspected that it was Italian....and as it turns out I was right! :-)
     

     Come to find out...my little 'baby' was made in Monza Italy around 1934! :-)


    It had the letters 'MA' on the serial plate, before the number, which showed where it was made...Monza Italy. It also had the year 1900 on it, but apparently that was a number they put on all of the machines they made that year. I'm not sure why...but not because it was the year it was made...


      I love the ornate parts of it too...
    

     But as to value....Well, I'm afraid that everything I found leans the price somewhere between $175 and $225...Not the $1,500 I was "SURE" it must've been worth!! LOL...Anyway!!!
 

      It was fun searching! :-) 'SO WHAT' if my sewing machine doesn't have the provenance of being from the royal house of Italy or something!...That reference is contributed to my new tv show that I love..."Treasure Hunters". Provenance to your item is EVERYTHING!!! ^_^ ... Just saying though, that would've been NICE!...but it still wouldn't have been pancakes with syrup and grape jelly!! ^_^


      Happy Pancake Sunday, Y'all! :-)

What-cha Doing With Yourself?!

Are you going for a little walk...
Watching the circles of a hawk?...

Spending time with your grandkids?...
Trying to find your lost jar lids?...

Writing letters to your friends?...
Viewing snowflakes through your lens?...

Cooking breakfast for your love?...
Or crocheting him a manly glove?...

Going out to get a meal?...
Going shopping for a deal?...

Taking care of a friend that's sick?...
Writing poems with your favorite 'Bic'?...

Shortening up that 'To-Do' list?...
Giving your hair a little twist?...

What are 'YOU' doing with yourself today?...
It doesn't matter. It's Sunday!!

Your work week is now all done.
Today just have yourself some fun!!

2 comments:

  1. I have an old Singer machine too...it belonged to my Mother-in-law and the cabinet is so pretty. I use it in my foyer to hold a lamp....the sewing machine is never out! I don't sew...but it even has the bobbins and whatnots in some of the drawers. Oh well, I never have had it appraised but I'm guessing that it's probably worth about the same as yours. The pancakes however??? Priceless!! Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yaya! :-) ... I'm sure sitting in your foyer with a lamp on it is a beautiful way to show off your Singer! In our last home it was in my walk-in closet for a while, with a shoe cubby on top of it! LOL I had a guy come out and make it 'work-able', oiling the parts and everything...only to put it back in the closet! ^_^ Now it's just taking up my space! But I feel connected to it because it was given to me by someone who loved it very much! She no longer had space for it, but gave it to me because she knew I'd love it too!...Yep! Everything in my house has a story! LOL But it ain't no pancake!! ^_^

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^