Sunday, April 7, 2013

Would You Like A Wig Story With Your Pancakes?!


       Us women can be so vain about our hair sometimes, can't we?!...And yes, I'm including myself! Case in point: I was lamenting to my husband just the other day about how I wasn't looking forward to combing out and washing my hair...AGAIN!...(because I'm ALWAYS 'lamenting' the hair process to him!...A-L-W-A-Y-S!!! LOL)...and he said: "Why don't you just cut it?! It would be a whole lot easier, wouldn't it?! O_O"
      All I could do was laugh at him!...Cut my hair?!!!...Then what would I have to complain about every time it's hair washing or combing time?!....Silly man! ^_^ It would be easier to think about cutting his 1960s style clothes up in the closet than cutting my hair!...which, of course, I would NEVER do!! LOL
     The hair subject came up though, because of hubby's mom. He called to invite her to go to the special talk at the Kingdom Hall (Jehovah's Witnesses' place of worship) with him today...(In case you wanna know, the title of the talk is "Does death end it all?")...and she said she wasn't sure, because she needs to wash her hair. Then she proceeded to tell him the long story about how she's thinking of getting a wig piece just for such occasions, because her hair is so hard to manage...


       Hubby had the phone on "speaker"...so I could hear their conversation...It was so funny listening to her talk about all of her hair issues! ^_^ I could sympathize!! I've had some of the same issues myself over the years!...as hubby's pointing at me, and silent hilarious laughter in my direction while mom was talking, proved! ^_^
      But then I got the chance to laugh when their conversation turned away from mom...and to hubby's father! O_O Wigs?....and his father, you ask?!.....YES!!! ^_^ Hubby said to his mom: "I'm sure you can find a decent wig. Everybody is wearing them these days! Not like back in the 60s when dad bought his!....What?!! ^_^
      I was crocheting and trying to avoid hubby's laughter and pointing, but at that very moment...the moment that hubby said 'dad bought his wig'...I dropped my crochet hook and started silent laughing myself! ^_^ Memories started flooding back to mind of old time men singing groups in the south, with their peg leg pants and processed hair! LOL
      Hubby told me the whole story when he got off the phone. He says that a neighbor man who lived down the alley from them when he was growing up used to wear wigs all the time. One day he would be as bald as a cue ball, and the next day he had wavy hair! ^_^
       Apparently hubby's dad thought this was a 'good' thing...because the next thing they knew, dad came sauntering down to breakfast one morning looking like a lost 'Miracle' from 'Smokey Robinson and the Miracles'!...and hubby says all they heard was ♫ Tears of a clown ♫! ^_^
        The wig he had bought was just like the one on the top right below... 


       ...and considering that he was bald on the top of his head, with kinky hair around the side, it was truly a 'miracle' to see him sitting across the table, and looking like this, at breakfast! ^_^
     Hubby says the wig didn't last long though. Mom said to him: "You look ridiculous!" and hubby says that was the end of that! ^_^
       

     Now, when and if mom buys one of these wigs, or wig pieces, I hope everybody keeps their comments to themselves!! ^_^ Having a bad hair day is no reason to miss a good meeting!!...Not when you can have 'miracle' hair in a bag!! LOL

     Moving on!! ^_^ ... I've got pancakes, leftover hot wings, and grits to eat! ^_^...



         ...and tons of crocheting to do, after the meeting...
 

     I practically sold my boutonniere-making Wuglyees shop out yesterday!! :-] I guess 'dress up' season is back!!...That works for me!!...especially 'broke' (got no money) me!! LOL
       
        Have a good pancake hairy day, with a little music, Everybody!...And in that order too if you want to!! ^_^


Let's talk about our bad

Let's talk about what we've done bad.
Not talk about what we did right.
Let's talk about what we have messed up.
Not what's been clearly black and white.

All the photos that we''ve taken,
that we want no one to see.
All the cakes that fell apart.
Things that deserved apology.

It's easy rolling out our 'good'.
We do that every single day.
But Oooo! The 'bad' things we destroy
we quickly want to put away!

So, let's be bigger than our 'bad'.
Let's see some beauty in 'mistake'.
Let's give a pause to being 'perfect',
and give ourselves a little break!

2 comments:

  1. This hair raising post made me laugh because Jack is always ribbing me about my "hair angst"...I often wish I had the patience to grow mine out again..it's been short about 15yrs. But I hate that process and it's so much easier to care for, especially since I wear hair coverings in surgery everyday...soooo...long hair story short...it's short...forever...maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha!...You and a whole lot other of us 'hair laden' people!! ^_^ I think angst goes with the territory...if you have hair!...or if you don't, for some men. LOL...By the way, I was always afraid to cut mine because I was SURE it wasn't gonna grow back!! ^_^ {I had sisters who had cut theirs and never got back the 'lots of locks' they had before!!}...Short hair works for YOUR job though! :-) Have a good day!

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^