Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'd Rather Talk About Chocolate Covered Strawberries!


     There aren't very many days that I 'don't' want to talk...about SOMETHING! But, unfortunately, that's how I'm feeling this morning...I'm tired...tired of talking about terrible things happening to people, like what happened yesterday in Boston Massachusetts...a short distance from where we live.
      In case you haven't heard, there were two explosions at the 'Boston Marathon' yesterday. Two TERRIBLE explosions! :-( Three people are dead...including one eight year old little boy. :-( And there were many injuries, including severed limbs...*sigh*...It's the kind of time in the world that makes you wanna get in your bed and hide your head under the covers...but you don't have time, because you have to struggle every day to keep your mind in a good place...or else you 'really' wouldn't survive!!
     I'm thankful for a spiritual hope of better things in the future. Without that I'd 'be' under the covers...forever!!...But instead of going on and on with the details of this terrible incident, I'd rather talk about strawberries...
      

       ...Chocolate covered strawberries! :-] 'MY' chocolate covered strawberries!!...Forgive me for moving on...but I HAVE to!...I HAVE TO!!!

       Hubby and I were minding our own business...just hanging around...talking...playing chess...crocheting..watching reruns of television shows we missed last week...when the doorbell rung. O_O We weren't expecting visitors. And if you had seen how we were dressed, there would be no question that we weren't expecting visitors!! LOL
       It was a delivery man from a company called "Edible Arrangements"! :-)     
 

    Neither one of us had ever heard of this company before. And obviously, considering that the buzz of the door bell  was a surprise, we hadn't ordered anything! But the accompanying card told the whole story...We are loved!! :-)
      Some friends of ours just wanted to give us a surprise!! :-) ... I'm telling you, people, if you have to live in a world where something bad is happening to somebody every day, and it's a struggle to keep yourself in a good mood, it's a blessing to have good friends who take seriously their responsibility to care for the people they love!!...We were so giddy!! :-)) ...
    


    I was even giddier after I bit into one of the HUGE chocolate covered strawberries!!...



      It was delicious!!! :-) 

      We wrote them a card immediately, and hubby left to mail it, and to pick up a couple of items from the store. I continued to look at the rerun of "Property Wars"...Then hubby called back home... :-( ...He heard about the explosions in Boston and wanted me to turn to the channel where they were talking about it, so that we could see what had happened.
      Unfortunately, it was on EVERY channel!! :-( ... There went all of our giddiness about fresh fruit bouquets...
 

     ...and the new company we now knew about, where we could send gift baskets to other friends...


      The rest of the night was spent getting details of what happened, talking to loved ones...worrying about other loved ones who may, or may not, have been in the area...and we still don't know as of this morning :-(...because the Boston Marathon is a big deal in Boston this time of year. The streets overflow with people. *sigh*
      I could go on and on, and tell you how physically tired, and mentally exhausted, I am this morning, but....I'd rather talk about chocolate covered strawberries!...Chocolate doesn't agree with hubby, so they're all mine! I've only eaten one so far. I may eat one a day until all six are gone. :-) It'll give me something to smile about every day for a while.


     I think I'm gonna need it!...Hubby is getting ingredients together to make him a banana pudding. :-) Between you and I...after tasting these strawberries...he's getting the 'short straw' of this deal!! LOL

 You Ever Have A Day?

You ever have a day when everything you do goes wrong?
When every hour in the day seems very very long?

You ever have a day when everything you say that's right....
gets misconstrued and turned around and people wanna fight?!

You ever have a day that if you think of it again...
just makes your body quiver and you want the thought to end?

You ever wanna fix things, but you couldn't find a way...
even though you'd said 'Things will be different today!'?

Well, that was me, and I am thankful that was yesterday!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise, and on a day when it was so needed. Enjoy your strawberries - I'm going straight to google to see if there is a similar company in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was!! :-) I still have only had one so far. I may have to share. :-)) Too bad you don't live closer! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I think you have some of the best friends in the world!! Oh what I would give for one of those chocolate covered strawberries right now!! LOL
    Yesterday was a terrible day for a lot of people, including our family! We were so relieved to hear that our family members are safe and on their way home. You're so right that the Bible's hope for the future is the only sure thing these days. I'm so thankful I have it!!
    Take care my friend...enjoy your treat...keep good things, good promises in your mind. ....have you read the July study issue of the WT. yet??? Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I "do" have some of the best friends in the world!! ^_^ So do you!! And I wish I could share some of my strawberries with you! The only thing I've had since breakfast is hot chicken noodle soup....long story. :-( ...I'm so glad to hear that your family members were safe. I'm still waiting for news about one family member that lives in the vicinity. But I'm not even sure she was anywhere near there. We haven't heard yet. Just me worrying for nothing probably...By the way, no, I haven't read the July one yet. I'm up to June. But I'm gonna check it out as soon as I can. Thanks for the heads up!...Goodnight my friend. ♥

      Delete
  3. Deb, I thought of you yesterday cause I knew you live near Boston. So horrific, there are no words. When I was looking through the pics on the news reports it made me think of 9/11 here in NY.
    I am glad you are ok. Stuff like this makes you just not want to leave the house!

    PS . . . those strawberries look delish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cathy, it really was horrific!! And unfortunately these things are happening so often now till we can't say "I can't believe this or that happened!"...because we know it can...or did!! O_O We're not the type of people that like big crowded events anyway!...especially not in the Boston area, which is so bad traffic-wise usually even on a slow day. But we feel so bad for the people...and children...who braved all of the traffic and confusion only to have it end that way. :-( ...*sigh*...Anyway, a little chocolate...even when a strawberry is dipped in it...never hurts! :-]

      Delete

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^