Saturday, April 27, 2013

Just When I Thought "Unique" Was Gone.......!


       I know!...you're wondering what I'm doing up early on a Saturday morning, looking for 'unique' things, right?! ^_^ Well, you should know by now that there's no rhyme or reason to anything I do or talk about on this blog!...and the same holds true for today! LOL
     I wasn't actually 'looking for' unique items. I was looking....period!!...But as I was looking I started to notice that I was seeing the same old, same old, over and over again!...Owls, beaded earrings of all colors, scarves, felt shoes, vintage furniture, paintings of trees, etc.
     Now, don't get me wrong!...I love looking at all of these things...all the time! But as far as having something new to talk about....I thought maybe that was starting to wear a little thin!...But then I saw the dress in the header photo! :-) And I'll tell you a little more about that dress in a second.
      First let me show you this 'old' brooch...Well, not old....vintage! :-) ...


      It's strange to say, but sometimes the old pieces are more unique and interesting than any of the new things being created! :-] ...Too bad 'old' arthritis, back pain, and the 'hitch-in-my-get-a-long' don't stand that same test of time!! LOL...and Yes!...in case there's any question after that last sentence!...I am feeling old this morning!! ^_^
       Anyway!....Now what was I talking about?!...Oh Yeah!...Unique and interesting! :-] ... Look at this hand-painted tea pot!!...


      Just when I thought people's creativity had hit a depressing lull...I saw the happy hand-painted couple on this tea pot and realized that 'unique', 'interesting' and 'creative' are alive and doing just fine!! :-)
        And now that brings me to the dress in the header photo. The 'unique' and 'interesting' dress!...


      Did you see what I'm talking about in the photos above?!...Look again...It's the SAME dress, not two different dresses! :-) ... It has these 'unique' circular tassels, and the top of dress is an original design stretchy tube top that can be worn long as a dress, layered over for a skirt, or triple folded at the bust to make an empire waist dress!!...Isn't that cool!
     Now...don't get me wrong!...I'm not putting my 'girls' in a tube top of any kind.....NO!!! Trust me...you don't wanna see that 'Pillsbury Doughboy-like situation flip it's canned biscuit wrapper!! LOL But I think it's so cute for 'those who can'! 

    Okay...moving on! :-) I also wanted to show you a unique and simple Etsy treasury that was curated including one of my shawls! :-) The treasury was simply titled "White"...


      It has some really cute 'white' items...including this white ruffled scarf, trimmed in black...
 

     ...and, of course, my black shawl, trimmed in white! :-)) ...


       Please pop by and check out the other items and the Etsy shops they came from, if you have time.
      And pop by and check out the latest lapel pins and boutonnieres in my Wuglyees shop too! :-) I even have a few 'unique' and 'interesting' ones now...even if I do say so myself! LOL...Here's an example...


     This one (above) will be in the shop later today...The one below already is...


     Okay...time to take my old 'unique' and 'interesting' self off to get my Saturday started! ^_^ I see sun in the backyard, so that bodes well for my mood...and my bones! :-) Have a good Saturday, and weekend, Everybody! :-)

No Rhyme Or Reason

I've never written a poem
that didn't have a rolling rhyme.
In my head that's how I see words.
Rhyming lines come every time!

No matter what the subject,
'food', 'crochet', 'hubby's bike'.
In my mind I have to find
a word that sounds alike!

Have I written words on paper
without rhyming every word?!
Yes I have! About my father,
and my backyard hummingbird.

But when I think of poems
I can almost tap my feet...
as if music is now playing,
and I'm rhyming to a beat!

Is this every Poet's way?!
I don't know. I just know ME!
But if I wrote about it now,
it would be a rhyming soliloquy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait!! Click the "Join This Site" button, and leave me a comment! I'd love to get your thoughts! ^_^